1929 Model A (not mine)

Nice survivor but....Problem is a decently restored and running 4dr 1928 Ford can be had for circa $8K-$12K. This car would need at a minimum $12K-$16K to get it to that state, so if you got it for $1.00 you're still in the hole. I recently bought a 1929 Dodge DA 4dr Sedan with wire wheels in about this condition for less than $1000 Canadian (US$750). Got engine running properly and re-sold it. 

Interesting Ford factory goof......The cowl is for a Delux model as the body bead stops short at the firewall to allow for a snap on cowl band and cowl lights.  Yet this cowl does not have any cowl lamp holes, nor does it have the cowl band retainer which spot welded on at the factory.  Once assembled this car would have about a 1' gap of missing body bead where the hood and the cowl meet.

• Like 1

Gun smoke Posted May 22

"Nice survivor but....Problem is a decently restored and running 4dr 1928 Ford can be had for circa $8K-$12K."

I agree about restoring this car.

I'm a buyer for any year, decently restored and running Model A Fordor sedans for $8,000 to $10,000. The closer to FL, the better. P.M. me if you've got one for sale.

Thank you!

Henry F.