2 Spark 6 cylinder cars/marine?

Dan Marx

What motors used the Delco Remy 2 Spark 6 Cylinder application?  My only reference, Hoosick Engineering, shows possibly the Auburn '32-33 and American LaFrance 1936.  Another reference shows the same cap pix with 20 different applications. See attached pix.

Thanks

Dan Marx

2 spark 4.jpg

2 spark 3.jpg

2 spark 1.jpg

It’s probably a six cylinder dual plug Chevy fire truck cap. We see them often at swap meet for sale, as they don’t fit cars they don’t sell. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I am needing a rotor, I have a Hercules engine in a c2 Federal truck 1945  that uses this at least it look the same.  Let my know if any rotors available.

On 4/7/2019 at 9:13 AM, Dan Marx said:

What motors used the Delco Remy 2 Spark 6 Cylinder application?  My only reference, Hoosick Engineering, shows possibly the Auburn '32-33 and American LaFrance 1936.  Another reference shows the same cap pix with 20 different applications. See attached pix.

Thanks

Dan Marx

2 spark 4.jpg

2 spark 3.jpg

2 spark 1.jpg

As far as I know the Nash used Delco Remy. My 27 advanced 6 is Delco Remy and I have seen some cars around 1928/9 with those twin ignition caps.

Below is a picture of a 29 Nash currently being parted out . Picture courtesy of Nash Car Club of America facebook pages.

No photo description available.

Edited by viv w (see edit history)

18 hours ago, viv w said:

As far as I know the Nash used Delco Remy. My 27 advanced 6 is Delco Remy and I have seen some cars around 1928/9 with those twin ignition caps.

Below is a picture of a 29 Nash currently being parted out . 

Nash used Auto-Lite, not Delco-Remy.

1928-41 Twin Ignition Six Nash’s used Auto-Lite IGE-xxxx distributors. Nash was the only passenger car using a IGE distributor. Besides on Nash, IGE distributors were used on a bunch of Trucks and Marine Engines, such as Acme Truck, Brockway, Continental, Gramm Truck, Gray Marine, Hall Scott, Hercules, International Truck, Kenworth, Kermath Marine, Oshkosh etc.
Tree different but identical looking distributor caps had been used on IGE type distributors:

IGE-1003

IGE-1003L

IGE-1003LA

Nash used IGE-1003 and IGE-1003L caps. IGE distributors were used from 1928 until the late 40‘s (….or even longer, I’d have to check in the books).

52D957E9-428C-49D2-8D14-CA3E62DDD0AA.jpeg

36FB5BD0-BA92-468F-97F9-8855B461EF07.jpeg

Pictures of the  NOS  Delco twin 6 rotor.   Has "2 spark, 6 cyl" on the rotor.    At one time during the late 20s and thru the 30s there were 10 different twin rotors or as some call them the "batwing" rotors.  Autolite had 4 of them and Delco produced 6 of them.   Least I forget, DeJon also had a twin rotor that was used on some of their 1927 -1929 models.

20220829_180758.jpg

20220829_180728.jpg