lebaron bonney/Hampton motor

rlcokc

Anyone have any idea what is up with Lebaron bonney? I ordered some wireon  3/10, never received email confirming the order,  and then sent email to check on status-the guy I dealt with previously auto reply said no longer working there so I called and directed to voice mail and website is down. No return call. I had heard they were having prolems with business and just wondered if  someone "in the know" has an idea of whats happening.  I recently ordered and received interior for my 36 Buick and at this point am thankful it is complete. The wireon I can't find anywhere else in cloth altho lots of hidem and some wireon in vinyl/primarily a marine application.

If someone knows a source for wireon I would appreciate the info-need taupe/tan as I needed to redo my other 36 and tore the wireon out as I new I could get more. May have to look at trying to salvage what I tore out but I wasn't too careful.

Rod

12 hours ago, rlcokc said:

Anyone have any idea what is up with Lebaron bonney?

Mr. Costello is no longer is with the company, so there was a quite a backlog catching up with all his clients.

I have found working with Scott Holbrook directly will help you at least get answers.  He is determined to "make things right" and maybe will at least have an answer concerning the wireon.

sholbrook@lebaronbonney.com

Hope it helps!

Gary

Thanks guys. Used Scott's email and did not receive an auto response so hopefully I will hear something. 

I had already gone to restoration specialties and didn't see in their catalog. If I don't have success with LB I'll contact and see what they have. Thanks for the heads up. Really hope no issue with LB as they seem to have a niche no one else seems to cover.

Rod

• 2 weeks later...

Well the bankruptcy of LB has left me in somewhat of a lurch. Thank goodness those of us who had ordered received goods before the Chapter 7 filing.

Did find a reasonable substitute/facsimile from SMS auto fabrics and just received a call and the cost is $30 a yard. Didn't ask what shipping cost would be. Haven't contacted restoration specialties but did look at catalog online. Appears to me what they call hydem is the same as what I received from SMS but the cost is 70 cents a foot-don't really care what they charge to ship at that price. Will be contacting them shortly and requesting sample. Any other ideas for finding wireon/hidem would be appreciated. The cost from Lebarron Bonney was $7 a yard. Hopefully the lack of competition is not going to drive prices up too much. 

Rod

I also found Hidem/Hydem for 60 to  70 cents per foot:

https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1|5948|2333932|2333934&id=3128104

https://www.sailrite.com/search?keywords=hidem

DLT Upholstery Supply has a variety of colors, starting at about $28 for a 25 yard roll. Looks like a good deal!

https://www.dltcorporation.com/searchresults.asp?Search=hidem&Submit=

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I cannot use the vinyl hydem as the remainder of my 36 buick is wool broadcloth. I have now contacted restoration specialties and requested sample of their product. Don't remember if it specified cloth/vinyl so may not be able to use. Thanks again

Rod

• 1 month later...