MOPAR CLUM/LIGHT SWITCH

broker-len

1 minute ago, broker-len said:

Keiser                  Thank you for responding      you sound like you know      friend looking for 32 PB    I have PA      what do you have ?  

I have a book that feeds me good information about the switch applications.

2 minutes ago, broker-len said:

Keiser                  Thank you for responding      you sound like you know      friend looking for 32 PB    I have PA    chrysler No  300186    what do you have ?    what does a 9271 fit ?

3 minutes ago, broker-len said:

do you have any clums for sale                 also looking for PB Manifold ?

I do not have any for sale at the moment. I have been trying to gather enough parts to put a few together. I have a bunch of #8821 switch parts.

1 hour ago, stakeside said:

Looks similar to the 8891 used on my 29 DB Truck. Different mounting and terminal 6 not used.

4DCF5BD4-F657-4AA2-B3B6-349904A5CAB7.thumb.jpeg.6546971149842c09a7e8b301f542231e.jpeg

Keiser31 do you have a listing for this switch?

I do not see any #8891 in my book. The book is for passenger cars, so truck switches may not be in there.

• 1 year later...

Would you guys happen to know what is the correct light switch from CLUM for a 1928 Chrysler Model 52.  I have one in the dash at the moment.  However, although it appears to be original, there is evidence from prior owners of having tried to remove/replace.  I see new nuts on the posts that hold it in place.  Whats left of the lever does not rotate, I'm guessing I need to pull it and tear it down for a benchtop rebuild.  Is there any online information for these?  Appears to be a CLUM 10709?  thanks in advance.

2021-02-15_10-56-20.jpg.e70c2d341bf859b5bccb9faf8e3d5331.jpgIMG_8565.thumb.JPG.076cfadb98d78be4d6e8b5832a29e620.JPGIMG_9130.thumb.JPG.28b55f19efb48fadef083534b5c932c0.JPG

• 9 months later...

Howdy

You stated you have a book that lists switch part numbers.  Could you look up a application for Jordan?  I would be interested in 1929 - 1932. 8 Cylinder.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, do you have any that you might be selling?

Thank in advance for your time.

John

Thanks for the quick reply! Jordan was an independent auto manufacture  in Cleveland from 1916 to 1932. They had a full line of body styles in multiple series, but they were always called Jordan. The broken switch I removed was  stamped Soreng Manifold Chicago, but it had no part number. It looks just like a Clum, with the same compression fitting in the center, the same bracket, and 5 contact tabs. I'm sure either brand would work as long as the center hole was the same diameter (slightly under 5/16") so it could attach to the tube running thru the steering column.

16 hours ago, jwilli43 said:

Thanks for the quick reply! Jordan was an independent auto manufacture  in Cleveland from 1916 to 1932. They had a full line of body styles in multiple series, but they were always called Jordan. The broken switch I removed was  stamped Soreng Manifold Chicago, but it had no part number. It looks just like a Clum, with the same compression fitting in the center, the same bracket, and 5 contact tabs. I'm sure either brand would work as long as the center hole was the same diameter (slightly under 5/16") so it could attach to the tube running thru the steering column.

I show two different styles but they are both the same number for Soreng Manegold - (5600-A) according to my 1930 catalog  of "Standards Auto-Electrian's Manual" that covers most models from 1920-1932. Covers all Jordans during that span until 1930 but no mention of Jordan for 1931 or 32. This manual is the holy grail for anyone needing electrical help on vehicles during that time frame. No trucks sadly.... 

This one is the 5600-A for 1929 8cyl Model 8-G

J 1.jpg

J 2.jpg

J 5 (2).jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)