Looking for rear axle seals...

mobileparts

2 hours ago, mobileparts said:

That fit 1928 - 1932 Dodge, Plymouth...

5144 National = 49751 Victor

Neither Timken (who bought National) nor SKF list either of those numbers in their seals interchange documents.

What size are they? If you are looking for a Dodge p.n. 43049, it would be the same as Dodge 8 and that in modern lip seal is an NAK  TC 1.375 x 2.313 x 0.437 (specified by size, not a part number).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deception_Pass

Maybe best avoided if you are afraid of heights, but otherwise a beautiful drive. To the south is scenic Whidbey Island, and a ferry ride to the mainland. To the north is Anacortes, WA. On a little detour heading north to Bellingham is twisty and scenic Chukanut Drive, well known among Pacific Northwest sports car enthusiasts.

north-beach-as-seen-from.jpg

?format=1500w

deception-pass-fog-sailboat.jpg?resize=1

wwta.deceptionpass.paddling.jpg

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I posted to help another car person looking for parts      sorry if I did the wrong thing      his name is Len Dawson   only Mopar     great Web sight     been selling parts for years    he has a number for conversation but really not set up for it  may be a one or two person operation   the parts I got were oil pump gears  NOS   new in box and fairly priced   I had low oil pressure now it is fine    you would think in these days of everyone busy any one helping some one else would be appreciated

Len Dawson only carries clean good quality NOS Mopar parts. No junk worn out used parts.

I've bought from him for over 30 years.

I've been to his warehouse... super clean and very well organized.

He is in his 80's now. Generally he doesn't deal over the phone.

Deception pass Motor Parts

Edited by c49er (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Neither Timken (who bought National) nor SKF list either of those numbers in their seals interchange documents.

I used to look up seals on chicago-rawhide.com but seems like the site changed a bit. If you know the inner and outer diameters of what you are trying to find a seal for try here...

http://www2.chicago-rawhide.com/popup_parts_lookup_457010.htm

You used to be able to enter a width dimension also but that's gone along with the seal lip design choice.😕

On 2/22/2019 at 8:30 AM, mobileparts said:

As indicated to you, I DO NOT deal with anyone who can't talk...

And certainly anyone with " Deception".

I am a straight shooter, ONLY, NO Deception..

IF HISTORY has named the mountain pass area where you reside and do business, DECEPTION Pass,  a very western migration sounding name, then how do you avoid that in your ADDRESS? and identify your location in your NAME?      You are being silly my friend.  We THOUGHT you wanted to find seals.   Apparently not.