1930? something... not much to go on!

Peter Gariepy

POSTED BY ADMIN:

"Attached are three photos: a, b and c.  I THINK that each is of the  same car, my grandfather's vehicle as I said, and each is 
fragmentary.  They were shot in 1938 (in Elizabeth, New Jersey if you are interested), one in the backyard of my grandparents' home on Washington Avenue, the other two at what seems to be a football game in Warinanco Park.  My Uncle Steve is probably somewhere on that field.

I eagerly await your verdict."

b.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

4 minutes ago, DavidMc said:

I don't think its a Packard .  That tail light was also used by Chrysler and the headlight buckets  and hood are different to the Packard

The center photo of the rear of a car is not a Chrysler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidMc said:

I don't think its a Packard .  That tail light was also used by Chrysler and the headlight buckets  and hood are different to the Packard

Some Chryslers did use a taillight like that, but that isn't a Chrysler body.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I don't think the b photo is from same car as a and c. The door windows on a & c are framed windows, and quite possibly from a convertible. As noted the b photo sedan is more likely to have unframed door windows which would match detail of rear quarter windows. So the b photo could be '29 Packard, and that just leaves us to figure our the first photo (same car as c). Detail of inside door trim shown should be a lead.