1958 Edsel barn find stored 48 years - starter car

I dont want to use the word 'sold', but the car is now gone from my driveway. 

Sometimes it just takes a while to move some metal. 

• Like 1

I think the price is very good for this vehicle, and I hope it sells. Pretty solid looking.

Having said that, it brings back some bitter title related memories for me. I won't get into that, but there are many states that don't require titles for old vehicles like this, and I would presume that the lack of a title is non-issue in those places. So hopefully the car will sell to someone in one of those states.

For people in a state like mine, however (Nebraska), forget it. You just bought yourself a parts car or a 4000 pound lawn ornament. Someone said it would cost $300-$400 to re-establish the title. IMHO, that Edsel with a title could easily be sold for the extra $300 - $400 beyond the current asking price. Nevertheless, best wishes to the seller and (especially) the buyer.

At this point, probably floggin' a dead hoss, BUT : As per a number of responses above, THIS EDSEL HAS CLEAR TITLE IN HAND. I don't know what the disposition of this vehicle is, but I am very happy Jim has got his space back. Jim has been known to generously spend significant amounts of his time leading hosses to water (to continue the equine), but when they don't drink, time's up !   -   Carl 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

and the lines at the California DMV have made the headlines as currently being 6-8 HOURS long! 

and if you dont mind spending 70. bucks AAA will take care of ALL your paperwork in Cali and no lines- just quick and easy................................!

• 1 year later...