2 AMP SFE Fuses? 55 Special

M1842

I would like to have some of SFE glass fuses in the 2A size should I need to replace the one for the clock but I can't find them anywhere.  Are they available anywhere, the smallest I can find are 3A, would they be OK?  Or could I take the fuse out and bridge the contacts and add a 2A AGC fuse in line for the clock?

Mark

How long is the SFE 2? Here is Littelfuse page of AGA, SFE, etc.  The 2 amp AGA is a 1/4" diameter, which is right, by 5/8" long. Is the length compatible with the fuse box?

https://m.littelfuse.com/~/media/automotive/datasheets/fuses/automotive-aftermarket/glass-fuses/littelfuse_aftermarket_glass.pdf

Edited by Frank DuVal
Corrected spelling, it is not a little fuse, name is Littel (see edit history)

Cut the original fuse holder out and splice in for a modern blade fuse.  No one will see it!  If you find some original fuses, they are junk because the cement is giving up...if you find some of recent manufacture, they too are junk (Pacific Rim source).

• Like 2

We use glass fuses in electronics gear at work, no issue with modern replacement fuses from a name brand (Buss, Littelfuse, etc.).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beemon said:

The only glass fuses I've found in that size come in the universal packs. 

Same.  They do not last however.   As a side note, my clock in my 60 was blowing 2 amp fuses...every clock I tried which was 3.  I moved to a 3 amp.  No more blown fuse for months.   

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had success finding the glass fuses individually at very well stocked hardware stores.  While we were living in VA a local store had pretty much all the fuses and small bulbs I needed, but they were often found in different aisles.  Check beyond automotive in the Electrical aisle, the aisle with Appliance parts, etc.  The store had the bins in a couple different spots, each seemingly with different sizes and styles of fuses...