ID on these two

30DodgePanel

12 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Thanks for getting me close enough. 

Wow, I was way off !

Without any research I was thinking Oakland and early 40's Chevy. 

I was mostly going by the exterior visor and hood scallops or flutes. The visor is also like a on some Studebakers, but I am pretty sure it isn't a Studebaker.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Spinneyhill said:

The rear quarter window is too short - in the OP it is longer than the door windows.

Interesting observation. The long rear quarter window is very unusual. That and the radiator mascot should make for a positive ID once someone comes up with the answer.

Don

3 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

I wonder if the older car might be a Star Six.

I am not sure. To me, it looks like the hood flutes are too short and too high. They appear to go almost to the bottom. Also drum headlights vs bullet on the Star. And I think the rear quarter light is too short.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

8 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I can read DODGE on the hubcap of the second car. The Dodge, Chrysler and DeSoto look similar from the side.

DODGE hub cap.jpg

Good eye John. 

I think another tell would be the rear fender trim. All Chryslers seem to have the chrome trim piece but could not find on a lot of the Dodge's that I looked up.

Either way,, that thing is a HUGE boat !

I remember family members that had these types of old used cars even into the late sixty's early seventies saying they liked them because they would glide over anything. All I can remember is how heavy and spacious it felt and the ride was like being on air. Easy to see why some folks still like them today...