George laurie

Thanks Spinneyhill

The last contact with George was in October. He said that he had mucked up order and my order would be done ASAP.

Since then there has been no replies to my emails . And I have read the imperial forum plus left add a respond.

If I could find a contact phone number or address  I would ring him or go and see him myself !!!!!!!!!

NOT HAPPY

6 hours ago, aunty norm said:

Thanks Spinneyhill

The last contact with George was in October. He said that he had mucked up order and my order would be done ASAP.

Since then there has been no replies to my emails . And I have read the imperial forum plus left add a respond.

If I could find a contact phone number or address  I would ring him or go and see him myself !!!!!!!!!

NOT HAPPY

For interest googled his name, and after  few click found this.  Has an image of a sender address in Tewantin, Noosa, QLD 4565

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=60735

Does seem to have some unhappy customers

And a few more google searches, with a partial phone number (typo)

http://www.desoto.org/vendors

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

George is a very poor business man. But on the bright side he produces excellent quality reproductions.

ASAP for George is quite often 12 months.

He rarely answers emails.

I've known people to wait years to get what they ordered. Most are unhappy with his business ethics but are very happy with the end product.

Remember ASAP means nothing. "I can do that ASAP" means I will do it when I finish the other 4.6 year's-worth of jobs I already have lined up.

Over-promising is very, very easy. It is much harder to get it right. He probably doesn't answer emails because he feels pretty guilty but can't say no or be honest about how long before he can deliver. So he just avoids answering everybody.

He needs a "manager"!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aunty norm said:

It might be OK for George! but I would like to enjoy my complete car now. Not wait months,years . 

I'm not getting any younger. 

Have you tried phoning the (partial) phone number linked in post 4?  [Last digit 0 to 9 shown as "f".  Or leave out]

Or just try the 2 digits (0 area code) and last 8 digits (phone)

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes ! You are correct.

But because it is an American forum I thought it might be better to use an overseas listing for Australia.

But the facts remain George laurie is taking money and doesn't delivery!

He should write a book , titled 101 excuses!

But in all seriousness I don't have my parts! 

• 3 weeks later...

This was posted on the Facebook Forward Look Page (not by me) on 20th December.

" Just a heads up for the community my great mate George Laurie from Queensland has had a bad stroke - was found on his kitchen floor after 2 days laying there, as he lives by himself out of town. 
This was 4 weeks ago, he has been recovering well but has no use of his legs? and his memory is coming back. I know some people have had bad experiences with him. But a heap have had good dealings with him. He is honest, just snowed under with orders for things that are obtainable any where. My prayers are with him for a good recovery there is a Facebook page friends of George Laurie if any one wants to send some good wishes....take care old mate bex. "

Edited by lozrocks (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also sorry that he had a stroke!  Plus I would not like to wish anybody harm!

But  I'm out of pocket and do not have any parts!

So it doesn't matter which way you look at it , we are both losers.

Maybe it is only a mild stroke and he can fulfill his orders.

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

I've heard almost nothing but bad about him. The fact that his parts are great does no good if they exist only in his imagination after you paid for them.

I had an Email exchange with him a few years back. I needed tail light, parking, back up lenses and hub cap inserts for my 56. He said "Righto mate. I have them in stock right here just send me $X,XXXX" I told him to send them COD. Nope, wouldn't do that. I said I needed to see the goods before I paid. He said to send the money to some guy he knew in California and he would hold my money until I told the guy I had the lenses.

Evidently George figured I just fell off a turnip truck.I told George I'd do better than that. I would set up an escrow account payable to him upon delivery.

George said he was insulted, I would never get any lenses from him and I should GO F**K MYSELF.

I got lenses elsewhere and never was able to figure out a way to take his advice.

Then again he never got to do it either.

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!.................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)