Uh oh...what have I done...again?

Thriller

Well, I actually did this two years ago.  I picked up this car in early September and dropped it off at my mechanic for the Manitoba vehicle inspection...and it hasn’t been in my possession since.  A lot has been done, but the hardest was actually getting someone to replace the floors.  It’s a shame so few body shops are interested in actual repair any more, especially rust...they just want the lucrative insurance work.  So, to take a step back, Illustrious Bugle Editor Pete contacted me about this car since it was close...it was across the border, but not far.  Enamoured with the car, I bought it without looking closely at things like rusted out floors.  It was disappointing, but since the car was here, I may as well throw more money at it to get things done.  I did get a pretty good deal on it initially, but it did take quite a bit to get it back.  It is now almost ready to pass inspection with new floors and inner rockers.  It should be coming home this week.  The next question is where the devil will I put it?  I presently have 8 vehicles in the city, one of which is derelict in the yard, and one is forced to park on the street under the trees full of pooping aphids.  Something will need to head out to the country.

That said, I need to order carpet and get that done.  Honestly, this car is a bit rougher than pictures show (and than I remember), but as it is relatively unusual, I’m thrilled to have it and looking forward to finishing it off (like attaching trim) and enjoying it.

9BA919E8-E1F6-44A0-898E-D0C479451448.jpeg

88DE7D8A-870F-411B-B291-100E97A36717.jpeg

BB9DC2E7-8221-49B8-918B-D7CD8E436B75.jpeg

• Like 10

ACC seems to be about the only supplier. Almost all the resellers are selling their kits. Doesn’t leave on with much choice I’m afraid. That doesn’t mean I’ve done an exhaustive search and I am open to suggestions but I do want to order this soon so I have a chance of dealing with everything before snow flies. 

1 hour ago, Jack Welch said:

only hurricane Gordon to bother you there. See you in Hershey , Marty.

Jack

Hi Jack (I don't mean to "hijack" the thread) - 

Really enjoyed visiting on the Reliability Tour!

Gordon seems to be just a minor tropical storm, and thankfully (for us) going a bit farther to the east - we may get a brief shower from this one

More concerned for our friends in Mobile, and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast

Still beats freezing fingers and toes, and we get to drive our cars all year long

See you at Hershey CG/CH 

• Like 2