Just found on line

nick8086

Someone  told me of a story of 75 cars in an airport hanger. (not sure on location) -

I talked to a kaiser darrin owner  in PA. He told me he got to see 43 Kaiser  Darrin's.. In one spot..

Not sure if any one took a picture..

Back in 1992 - you could buy a restored one for 21K..

Back in 2012 - I took a pic of 12 cars..

Examples of Darrins 2 2400.jpg

buy me now.JPG

Darrin 50 2400.jpg

Example of Darrins 3 2400.jpg

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

I think the only Post (WWII) War car I regret not having bought about fifty years ago, was a Kaiser Darrin. The engine was out, but the car was in remarkably good condition. Fiberglass body in fine and largely untouched condition (needed one minor repair on one rear fender). Upholstery was fairly good, doors operated as intended. The price? A mere $1500. And I passed on it. It was for that time top dollar for such a car partially apart, and it was not the kind of car I was really interested in. But there have been a lot of times I wished I could go back and get that one.

Just as well really. The way my life has gone, it would have had to have been sold long before the price leaped way up.

The junk I played with back then was XK120s and 140s. Maybe in some ways in the same parking lot as these various glassmobiles. I really like the Jags, actually prefer them to the K.D. or the one that starts with C and ends with e, but can't afford even the Jags now. Glad I "been there and done that" when cars were more for "fun" than "mun". (Hmmmm............. Remember  that little ditty Lonnie Johnson sang called "Crowing Rooster Blues" ? I can hardly, but vaguely do recall him asking and then answering  : "Lawd, what make a rooster crow every morning fo' the break of day?" He then repeated this short humble supplicative interrogatory. Can't quite remember what exactly Lonnie's proposed reason for this early natural avian alarm clock's familiar canto was, but I believe it had something to do with the plight of the working man on the way to his mundane travails. "..................... with houserent and groceries to pay : no mun, no fun" - would that be an accurate description of the situation fate has placed you in, Wayne ? It sure describes the shape I'm in these days, too. Believe me, I feel your pain. Pity.)                  Reminding and warning you all, I really DO feel a bit of a smarta$$ at present,  -  Carl 

7 hours ago, C Carl said:

Reminding and warning you all, I really DO feel a bit of a smarta$$ at present,  -  Carl  

Well Carl,,,   At least its better than being or feeling like a "Dumb A$$"..

Maybe I am feeling a bit frisky today too, hmmm

I always liked the Darrins, They just have a look that I like.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)