Car Badges

Ellenore

I have a collection of early car badges which includes many early American examples. A couple of these are very hard to find information on as to the manufacturers and time they were produced. Just putting a few photos up for viewing and would welcome any feedback or information as to their history. I am located in South Australia and can provide more detailed photos of specific badges.

DSCF2126.JPG

DSCF2129.JPG

DSCF2131.JPG

DSCF2134.JPG

DSCF2135.JPG

DSCF2136.JPG

DSCF2128.JPG

• Like 3

Most are self explanatory, at least as to the marque.  The Jaguar one came from an XK series or saloon hubcap of the era, the winged one with a steering wheel held on by a rusty screw is from a British Austin, and the shield shaped emblem with a diagonal checkered stripe is from the trunk lid arrow'ed turn signal light of a Buick, which began ca. 1940.  

Here is a teaser for observers, what is the D.B emblem from?

MVC-541S.JPG

http://www.radiatoremblems.com/2013/06/gustave-fox-co.html

http://www.americanautoemblems.com/

These are links to a couple of good references.  The second one is more current and is still being added to by good friends Mike and Murray Shears in England.  I'd bet they have one of the finest collections existing.   There are a lot of auto enthusiasts who collect emblems, myself included, although my "accumulation" is small.  I don't see any USA emblems in the pics you would have difficulty finding a lot of info on by using simple internet searches.   If you are having difficulty identifying some of them though, let us know which ones you don't recognize and I'm sure you'll get good response on this forum. 

Nice collection!

Terry