Buick dealer license plate frames wanted

rodneybeauchamp

Hi All,

would anyone have a pair of metal license plate frames from a Buick dealer that they wish to sell.

Wanting nice driver quality frames for another Buick that is coming.

Had a pair on another Buick and they finish off the plate nicely. 

thanks for your interest, need to post to Australia.

Rodney ?????

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 3:22 PM, rodneybeauchamp said:

Thanks for that. Have you checked out the prices wanted for some ??????

Hoping someone in the forums may have some that are more in my price range. And will post some pics.

Rodney

Rodney,

If it is a qualifying factor It would probably be a good idea to post your price range? What have you found to be typical pricing?

Tom

6 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Rodney,

If it is a qualifying factor It would probably be a good idea to post your price range? What have you found to be typical pricing?

Tom

Hi Tom,

what I have seen, the asking price on eBay is around the US $100.00 plus overseas shipping, often just for one frame. Let alone a pair in driver condition.

Im not a cheapskate, but happy to pay a fair price for an item that was fitted free at the dealership. (Yeah, I know it really was the cost of the car) 

Besides, I’m not looking for a period set (1938) but more advertising it is a Buick. Did have a set from Downee Simpson Buick on my Skylark that went with the car. Shoulda kept em! And a nice set from Mel Rapton Pontiac on a ‘40 Pontiac. Long gone.

Will see what transpires!

thanks Rodney ?????

Actually Simpson Buick was in Downey, California. I used to live within walking distance of that dealership but never bought a car from them. I did order a set of engine belts for the 63 Riviera I owned at the time thinking they would be OEM but to my disappointment were not.

12 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Hi Tom,

what I have seen, the asking price on eBay is around the US $100.00 plus overseas shipping, often just for one frame. Let alone a pair in driver condition.

Im not a cheapskate, but happy to pay a fair price for an item that was fitted free at the dealership. (Yeah, I know it really was the cost of the car) 

Besides, I’m not looking for a period set (1938) but more advertising it is a Buick. Did have a set from Downee Simpson Buick on my Skylark that went with the car. Shoulda kept em! And a nice set from Mel Rapton Pontiac on a ‘40 Pontiac. Long gone.

Will see what transpires!

thanks Rodney ?????

Dont think it matters what the frames cost, or didnt cost, 50 years ago, all about supply and demand. Thanks for the info re pricing,

Tom

My wife went to visit family in Phoenix Arizona and while she was there I had her pick up some chrome plastic frames from Liberty Buick. These are the frames they put on the cars they sell. They gave them to her for free. I know they may not be what you are after but at least it would be a start.

21 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

My wife went to visit family in Phoenix Arizona and while she was there I had her pick up some chrome plastic frames from Liberty Buick. These are the frames they put on the cars they sell. They gave them to her for free. I know they may not be what you are after but at least it would be a start.

Hi Dave,

am interested. As you state “ would be a start”. Chance of a photo at all?

Rodney