Trico wiper blades

capngrog

Does anyone know where I can get blade refills for Trico Wiper blades?  I have the old style (stainless steel) on my 1968 Chevelle and would like to replace the rubber part.

Below is a photo of what I'm talking about.  The upper part is the blade 'strut' (for want of a better term), and the lower part is the blade insert (rubber with stainless steel spine) itself.  I've looked on the internet and on the Trico website, but I've not been able to find anything similar.  The blade refill is 16 inches long and the stainless steel spine is 5/16 inch wide.

I would appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Grog

Wiper blades.JPG

Guest SaddleRider

Look up "wiper blades" in any boat supply catalog - they have just about any style wiper blade & arm you could need...well..let me qualify that...they do not have the "Clear Vision" type used  prior to around 1930.....older than that...and you are out of luck !

Thanks for the replies.  I checked out tripwire's Amazon recommendation, and that looks like it will work.  I had seen these previously, but I wasn't sure that they'd work, but on taking a better look, I think they'll work just fine.  I'll let y'all know.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Grog

You may want to be sure they lock the right way.  I sell alot of blades and arms.  I have alot of refills, but even in my collection alot of ones that look right aren't quite the right width or lock in a different way than the originals.  If you don't find what you need,  let me know.  I might have something that fits correctly but I would need the length and a good picture of the end to see how the lock fits. 

auburnseeker and Bloo;

I'll see what the inserts look like that I just ordered.  If they don't fit, but the rubber looks correct, I'll try what Bloo has suggested.  If I can't make 'em fit (big hammer, vise grips etc.:o) I'll be in touch with you, auburnseeker.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Grog

I didn't really know there was a difference until I bought some NOS blades which one had the rubber damaged on.  I went over to my stock pile of refills and nothing would fit and stay.  The clip that retained them and the little wings or notches on the refill didn't line up properly.   Good luck.  Hopefully they will work for you. 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, tripwire said:

Thanks for the reference, tripwire, I ordered these from Amazon, and they arrived in just a couple of days.  As shown in your link, the proper part number is "Trico 43-160" (for those of you who might want to order similar refills) for the 16 inch blade.  From Trico's website, it appears that they are manufacturing older-appearing wiper blades and inserts under "Trico Classic Wiper Blades" line.  The new replacement for my '68 Chevelle would be the Trico Classic Part #33-162.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Grog