HELP! Can you identify these 9 emblems?

Guest jaymillion

Guest jaymillion

Hey everyone. Hoping I can get a little bit of help to identify these 9 emblems. I recently purchased a quantity to add to my collection and these were among what I got. Although I was familiar with most and was able to identify others that I was unfamiliar with, these ones have left me stumped. The person I purchased them from inherited them and couldn't help. Can anyone identify these?

20170925_112806.jpg

20170925_112847.jpg

Guest jaymillion

Awesome. Thanks so much guys. So far this is where I'm at:

1. 1960 Pontiac

2. c.1950 Studebaker

3. Ford

4. Vacuum Cleaner LOL

5. Ford

6. Durant Star

7. Monogram Junior "S" Emblem

8. ???

9. Rootes Group Sunbeam

Edited by jaymillion (see edit history)

Guest jaymillion

Wow. Thanks so much. Only 2 left. These ones were what I pegged to be the toughest to identify. I don't even know which way is up or down with #8.

Guest jaymillion

HAHAHAHAHA. That is too funny and I guess a little disappointing. I figured that might have been non-automotive. Thanks for the confirmation.

Around 1985 I cut the roof off a 1962 Electra 225 six window 4 door hardtop, grafted on a '62 Olds windshield frame and made a pretty respectable 4 door convertible. At least a few were fooled by it.

I was dying to find a pair of these in chrome:

Electrolux-Logotype-1935.jpg

Bernie

The Star is interesting, in that there was an English car which carried the same name for many years before Mr Durant decided to use the that brand.   So the cars had to carry a different name and radiator badge in Britain and countries of the Commonwealth.   So it became an early example of "badge engineering".   The same car, except often right hand drive, carried the name " Rugby", on its radiator.  There is a fairly violent contact sport of that name played , which we prefer to call "Cross-country wrestling".  The cars had a good reputation here for toughness and durability; and the Continental Red seal engines had a good reputation for reliability for powering small fishing boats and firewood saw-benches.