How many can you identify?

studeboy

Behind the close coupled sedan with dual sidemounts a 1926-27 Ford Model T Coupe, and behind it a Ford Model T Tudor (bodystyle introduced in 1924) of the about same vintage. Then a 1930-(1931) Closed Ford, probably a Fordor, and a 1930 Ford Delivery van. Then a GM product, 1927 Chevrolet, behind an unknown and then a pre-1926 Model T    

In front 1924-28 Buick Sedan. Behind it a 1929 Chevrolet Coupe and a 1930 Buick Coupe blocking the way, in the lower right corner

Edited by Casper Friederich
New information (see edit history)

The disc wheel sedan at far right is a circa 1927 Studebaker Dictator - distinctive wheels.  I think the 'close coupled sedan' might be a 1930 Studebaker?

I think the 1926-7 Buick in the centre is a Master - by saving it to a file and blowing it up it looks to have only six hub bolts on the rear axle.

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It was the weekly public farmers market. In the day in this area farmers dressed up to go to town on business. A great place to catch up on the local news and socialize. My Amish neighbors still socialize like this. Our electronic age has taken away a lot of our need and time to socialize.

The big four door five window sedan in the middle has a crate or basket of something sitting on the front in front of the spare wheel. My first thought was hens or ducks or geese, but the white thing(s) inside the crate are quite large.

The third car facing up to the left looks like a Studebaker Duplex top with a sag towards the front, as does the disk wheel car already identified as a Dictator.

Very few men are without a hat - boater, Panama, fedora. Those that are seem to be "the younger generation". Many of them are also wearing a tie and either a suit or a sports jacket or blazer. There are a couple of sets of braces visible too. Wonderful photo showing fashions of the day for those who dress in period clothes.

Many of the women are wearing variations on cloche hats - wide, narrow, no or offset brim.

Thanks for a great photo in high resolution scan.