1923 Essex Cabriolet For Sale!

Guest SKimber

Guest SKimber

We are selling our 1923 Essex two-door Cabriolet. $9000 CAD ($7000 USD). Fair condition, but will require some work to be fully up and running. Priced accordingly. Full appraisal by member of the Professional Association of Vehicle Evaluators, Inc., available. Please contact Sarah for more details.

sarah.k.harries@gmail.com

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4058.JPG

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

Rather than asking questions on this forum if you are interested in acquiring a car which could be used in the AACA Vintage Tour and the A4C"s pre war tours please contact the lady directly and ask your questions.  Seems like a descent car at a very fair price.  I have pare war car and a Snapper's car and am attending the Vintage Tour  or I would certainly pursue this non Ford  Best of luck with the sale, Sarah. 

I disagree, the purpose of this forum is to buy and sell and what these gentleman are doing is beginning to ask buyer's questions which often moves a car closer towards a sale. In fact, by asking questions they are inadvertently bumping the ad back up to the top for even more attention. So, by asking interested parties to take their questions off-line you are, in turn, reducing the opportunity for a sale.

Edited by fozz71 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Also it's nice to see the common questions already answered in the forums,  so every interested party doesn't have to inquire into simple stuff that everyone want's to know like does it run, what's the price,  Is there rust,  Extra photos, etc.  Much easier to do on the forums than individually returning every inquiry. 

The Hudson Motor Car Co. did call this the Essex Cabriolet, although not what we think a cabriolet is. I don't know anything about this particular auto but the 4 cylinder Essex was/is known to be a fine performer with the 55 hp F-Head engine. A not too common but attractive 2 passenger car.

Edited by 4Hud
correction (see edit history)

Agreed, the Cabriolet designation was used by many companies and did not necessarily mean a convertible. Chevrolet produced a Cabriolet in 1927 that was a coupe with a soft top but did not fold down. They came out with the Convertible Cabriolet for 1928 and 1929, skipped 1930 and had one again starting in 1931.

The '27 Dodge Brothers fast four I have is a true Cabriolet, top goes down and windows roll up.  It was the first such model (true convertible coupe, as an alternate name) produced by Mopar, and was only made for a period of three months in 1927. Was an upscale model, as it had true leather interior, wire wheels, five main bearing engine, and so forth..... I think it's a handsome car, although Dodge was never known for great styling in the 20's.......

Dodge not me pushing.JPG