1972 buick riviera gas tank

Guest Codyg1996

Guest Codyg1996

I need to know where I can get a gas tank for a 1972 buick riviera all I can find are tanks with the filler neck centered and I need one with it to the left

20170524_151317.jpg

Guest Codyg1996

I'm really looking for a new one if i could find one a gm40a looks real similar only a center filler neck

I haven't looked -- but I'd be surprised if anyone makes a new, direct replacement.  Rivieras simply don't generate the same demand as Camaros or Tri-5 Chevys.  You can also try "The Buick Farm" www.buickfarm.net.

1 hour ago, EmTee said:

I'd be surprised if anyone makes a new, direct replacement.  Rivieras simply don't generate the same demand as Camaros or Tri-5 Chevys.  

I can vouch for that. I wanted a new one for my '65 Bonneville and searched for weeks and finally gave up. I found a used one in AZ but the guy wanted $300 plus $150 shipping so I passed. It was a small leak so I tried covering the hole with some JB Tank Weld which has worked so far but I'm only buying half a tank of gas at a time now. You can have it professionally repaired at many radiator shops so you might want to try that route. Good luck....

Guest Codyg1996
47 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I can vouch for that. I wanted a new one for my '65 Bonneville and searched for weeks and finally gave up. I found a used one in AZ but the guy wanted $300 plus $150 shipping so I passed. It was a small leak so I tried covering the hole with some JB Tank Weld which has worked so far but I'm only buying half a tank of gas at a time now. You can have it professionally repaired at many radiator shops so you might want to try that route. Good luck....

It's just too far gone to be fixed

Guest Codyg1996
On 5/25/2017 at 3:24 PM, GARY F said:

trry this guy  218-326-0463.  i bought a new one for my 63 Bonne. less than $300.00. let us know how you make out.

He didn't have one thanks for your help though.

Guest Codyg1996

On 5/28/2017 at 3:19 PM, GARY F said:

try CARS in Neshanic N.J.   he is all buick

No luck there either anybody got a good used tank?

Spectra Premium GM40T - Spectra Premium Fuel Tankshttps://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-gm40t/overview/year/1973/make/buick/model/riviera

So this is a reproduction 1973 fuel tank, but they don't make a 1972 apparently. Is it totally different, or is just the neck in a different position? You could have a radiator shop relocate the neck to the side. I would be talking to the manufacturer on the phone to see for sure if they don't make a 1972, because maybe they do.

Guest Codyg1996
On 6/1/2017 at 11:28 PM, mike6024 said:

Spectra Premium GM40T - Spectra Premium Fuel Tankshttps://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-gm40t/overview/year/1973/make/buick/model/riviera

So this is a reproduction 1973 fuel tank, but they don't make a 1972 apparently. Is it totally different, or is just the neck in a different position? You could have a radiator shop relocate the neck to the side. I would be talking to the manufacturer on the phone to see for sure if they don't make a 1972, because maybe they do.

This is what I'm going to do

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but I just found a tank manufacturer in Illinois that has a pattern for a 1971 Riviera gas tank and is going to make me one out of 304 stainless.

They are kind of expensive $895 but I figure it is worth it..  Just ordered today and they have a six week lead time. Once it shows up, I will post reviews on quality etc.

Rock Valley Antique
Auto Parts, Inc.

5295 28th Avenue
Rockford, IL 61109

Phone: 815-645-2271
Fax: 815-645-2740

Toll Free Order Line
(800) 344-1934

• 8 months later...