Bermuda Bells

Guest cabddb67

Guest cabddb67

58ab7af05cc41_Bell(800x756).thumb.jpg.fb6b65d7b9259eef09e4241ca2e205f7.jpgI have a bermuda bell from the 1950's if any one is interested.  I bought this at Hershey PA about 4 years ago.  Paid $115 for it then.  I would like to get $115.  Shipping to be paid by buyer.  Just needs cleaned up and a little WD4.  Has both the mounting pads and plunger.  Not pretty, but it works.

Edited by cabddb67
Added price and picture (see edit history)

I clicked on your name and then sent you a Private Message (PM)

Check your Email, and email or phone me back for contact

On 2/20/2017 at 6:48 PM, Frantz said:

named after the police helmet of similar design? Seems much like a carriage carry over. I had never heard of them before.

You never heard of them?  Ah, you are showing your age.  Whether you consider yourself a Gen X'er or a  Gen Y, it is understandable why you have never heard of a Bermuda Bell, and also have never heard a Bermuda Bell ring.  Us Baby Boomers fondly recall them!

Here is one here I asked the vender not to use EBay as the middle man shipper but got no response. I take that as a no so I stopped biding as I refuse to be over charged for shipping by EBay's sticky fingers. For me shipping is $26.56 but then EBay can not give me there handling charge till after it is sold so figure about X 2. I will only use USPS that does not have all the extras tacked on. Marty bought the one posted here so I guess it is ok to show another one for sale.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/381974241487?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

A number of years ago I bought a 36 Auburn that had one installed on the drivers floor board.  I removed it and brought in the house.

My wife took a shine to it and built a small box for it in such a way that it could be rung at it's full decibel rating. 

Now the ladies in our small town Post Office have a small school bell like the teacher has on her desk. One of the ladies doesn't like the sound of the bell, so she places it a distance away out of reach of the customers.

One morning  I go in to the Post office with the Bermuda bell, she is not behind the counter and her small bell is out of range.  I gave it three of four hard pushes. The look on her face as she came around the corner was spectacular

This was really funny. I am snickering as I write this.  I will admit I had the bell in my car for about a week before my window of opportunity  presented it's self.  Oh BTW we are still friends.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Curti said:

A number of years ago I bought a 36 Auburn that had one installed on the drivers floor board.  I removed it and brought in the house.

My wife took a shine to it and built a small box for it in such a way that it could be rung at it's full decibel rating. 

Now the ladies in our small town Post Office have a small school bell like the teacher has on her desk. One of the ladies doesn't like the sound of the bell, so she places it a distance away out of reach of the customers.

One morning  I go in to the Post office with the Bermuda bell, she is not behind the counter and her small bell is out of range.  I gave it three of four hard pushes. The look on her face as she came around the corner was spectacular

This was really funny. I am snickering as I write this.  I will admit I had the bell in my car for about a week before my window of opportunity  presented it's self.  Oh BTW we are still friends.  

Is it still out of reach?

• 5 years later...