Clark's parts

RIVNIK

We could be facing the end of an era for Riv owners. Most of us in the process of restoration have relied on Clark's Corvair over the years to supply us with quality repro parts. Whenever I need something I usually go to Clark's 1st, and have always been pleased with the parts & service. My seat covers, carpet, trunk cardboard, & many other items all came from Clark's. However, after years of putting it off, I recently decided to break the piggy-bank and spring for a new set of interior wood paneling & a new shifter lens. I had always assumed they would be waiting for me whenever I got ready for them. WRONG!!....... As some of you may already know, Clark's has discontinued those items & probably some others. Hard to tell, as it looks like they won't be updating the Riv catalog either. This makes me very sad, not only because a company that specializes in Corvair parts but also supplies Riv owners was  a gift from heaven, but also because I can't find those items anywhere else, & Clark's apparently doesn't want to reveal their sources. Their reply to my inquiry was polite but definitely not helpful. Does anyone have info on the source of these items? I realize I can make my own paneling, but Clark's carried full peel & stick sets with factory style pin striping, something which is not easy to duplicate. Someone was selling a similar item on Ebay for years, but that listing has also disappeared. Got info?    RIVNIK

I believe the other gentleman was Scanlan Classic Auto Veneer.  I had gotten a hold of him a couple months back, but he had had a medical emergency.  He told me he'd get back with me when he could, but I haven't heard back from him, despite trying to get in touch with him a few times.  I hope he's okay, but not 100% sure where he's at with things.  Here's his site:  http://www.scanlanclassicautoveneer.com/ .  Let me know if anybody is able to get in contact with him.  Thanks.

Lucas

Ray Knott has contacted Clarks and received an answer indicating the veneer kits are not available because they (Clarks) lost their source for the veneer and are currently looking for an alternative supplier. Once they secure the material they will resume supply. No estimated date was given.

CARs also sells the wood kits but also are currently out of stock also.

Ray also confirmed Scanlan is still out of commission for medical reasons.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

In my experience, I've found that Calvin makes the upholstery items but he's a distributor for many items that he's subcontracted.  As subcontractors quit production, his supply disappears.  

If you've paid close attention to his part numbers, you've noticed thar his foam cushions carry a  C as the prefix for the part number.  Most of his Riviera parts carry an R as the prefix.  The C is the code for his Corvair parts.  Simply put,  the cushions are a generic part for many GM cars from the era.  Probably why he doesn't have cushions for the 65 custom interiors.  The C cushions come from another manufacturer that does not make the 65 custom cushion.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest Clarks Corvair Parts

We continue to reproduce and make as many Riviera parts available as possible.  We sometimes have vendors disappear for one reason or another and we then have to work at finding replacements. Until such time that we can get a part reproduced by another source, whether it be ourselves or an outside vendor, the part gets discontinued and we have no idea when it will be available again.

We continue to work at keeping as much in stock as we  possibly can for all your Riviera needs. 

Clarks Corvair Parts

• 8 months later...
On 2/20/2017 at 2:05 PM, Clarks Corvair Parts said:

We continue to reproduce and make as many Riviera parts available as possible.  We sometimes have vendors disappear for one reason or another and we then have to work at finding replacements. Until such time that we can get a part reproduced by another source, whether it be ourselves or an outside vendor, the part gets discontinued and we have no idea when it will be available again.

We continue to work at keeping as much in stock as we  possibly can for all your Riviera needs. 

Clarks Corvair Parts

I purchased a full suite of leather upholstery, button, weather striping, extra vinyl, and other items which I was totally satisfied with the products and your outstanding customer care.

An observation I’m going to pass on is three (3) covers on your vinyl buttons came off on the drivers seat. Your office responded with replacements and delivery at no charge. After the third cover came off I did my homework and made my own buttons. My upholsterer said he would make the buttons and put them on the seat. His buttons are holding up.

I thought you would like to know.

Red Riviera Bob