1934 Buick tools?

V.Milke

Hi,

Were there any tools supplied originally with the 1934 Buicks? I would love to find a correct jack as well as the rest of the tools that were supplied with the car, if any.

Would anybody have the information? 

Thanks,

victor

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

This would be a good thread to read. Karl is the tool go to guy but his stuff stays packed for Hershey so I am going to follow up next fall.

If you had pictures of known original tools or a reference book of sorts you maybe able to find some on your own. Is there a reference book on automotive tools? The parts books list them, I think the section 8.818 is a good place to start , 2.273 for the plug wrench. I have not been able to find jacks and tire tools yet so if anyone knows that group please pass it along.

I found most of my tools were model a and franklin.

Dave

This is the thread in the General Discussion section, about page 3. I am sorry I couldn't post a link.

Tool kits for vintage cars

2 hours ago, Dave39MD said:

This would be a good thread to read. Karl is the tool go to guy but his stuff stays packed for Hershey so I am going to follow up next fall.

If you had pictures of known original tools or a reference book of sorts you maybe able to find some on your own. Is there a reference book on automotive tools? The parts books list them, I think the section 8.818 is a good place to start , 2.273 for the plug wrench. I have not been able to find jacks and tire tools yet so if anyone knows that group please pass it along.

I found most of my tools were model a and franklin.

Dave

This is the thread in the General Discussion section, about page 3. I am sorry I couldn't post a link.

Tool kits for vintage cars

I guess you are referring to this one:

1 hour ago, V.Milke said:

Hi Marty:

Any chance you kept a picture of the jack?

Thanks,

Victor

Sorry, but I didn't.

I bought mine years ago from a Hershey vendor, and don't recall who,

but he specialized in restored vintage jacks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, buick looks fine for 39 said:

Contact Charles Halpin in Pennsylvania. He is an expert on tool kits and he's in the BCA roster.

Thanks 

Leif

Thank you, Leif. I will look up his info.

Victor

• 2 weeks later...