'66 Sport Fury Convertible---What's It Worth?

Harold

I'm thinking about selling my '66 SF convertible and am trying to come up with a value for it. The car has been sitting (mostly in a garage) for a very long time. It has a 383 with automatic, power steering and manual brakes, factory red with a black vinyl interior, and a torn white top that I think is original. It hasn't run since the late 1990's but I had it cranking earlier this year. It's complete down to the fender skirts but needs total restoration. I have a new exhaust system and replacement rear bumper to go with the car. One section of floor pan (passenger's side rear)is rusted out. I have a clear NJ title in my name, so the buyer wouldn't have to jump through hoops getting paperwork for it.

What's a fair value for it?

Thanks,
Harold

Fury 1.JPG

Fury_3.JPG

Fury 4.JPG

OK I will be the first to have a stab at it.

Unfortunately I would say 2000-3000  dollars if it doesn't have any other real rot.  I don't believe these have a real muscle car following.  I don't follow this era of car but my half guesses usually seem to be somewhat close, even on vehicles I don't know alot about. My guess is based on the overall very tired appearance of almost every component.   It's going to take a bit just to get it on the road and that's when all the little problems come out. 

Guest Daves Garage

Harold, I believe your car is worth around $3000-$3500.00 range. Factory big block car and convertible are definitely plus's for it. Although incorrect for that car the magnum 500 wheels are also worth something. If you were to get it running, that would make it an easier sell. If you do the work yourself, whatever monies you spend to get it running you can add to my estimate of value. I'm confident you will be able to sell it for that. Good luck.

8 hours ago, Daves Garage said:

Harold, I believe your car is worth around $3000-$3500.00 range. Factory big block car and convertible are definitely plus's for it. Although incorrect for that car the magnum 500 wheels are also worth something. If you were to get it running, that would make it an easier sell. If you do the work yourself, whatever monies you spend to get it running you can add to my estimate of value. I'm confident you will be able to sell it for that. Good luck.

I agree.

Way back in the day when a guy could make a buck on these projects I had an old Buick convertible at a swap meet that I did end up selling.

There was a crotchety old guy that had a couple of spaces next to me. It took a bit for him to warm up to me but we ended up liking each other.

He said something that I will always remember. However may not be relevant by now.

He said if you have an old junker for sale and it happens to be a convertible you can add $1000 to its value.

With that said and being 2016, looking at this Fury I would say that if it were a coupe it probably wouldn't bring more than $1500. So $2500 might be realistic.

Of coarse that anecdote was probably 30 years ago. So one might be able to upgrade that vert  bonus by now.