40 special and 40 century

RiKi5156B

6 minutes ago, RiKi5156B said:

Can't find anyone who wants these two for $750 or $500 each.Lots of parts but I'm going to have to send em to the crusher.Any interest let me know . I'll be taking them in the week after thanksgiving. 

20160710_185913.jpg

20160710_185902.jpg

I suggest you check the wheels on these cars! Original 16s(1939spec and 40sp/ super only)in restorable condition are getting impossible to find, read 75-100.00 each. Century should be 15s originally same two year only shared I think with 70 series. I know its more hassle and maybe not possible, but most can buy parts even when acquiring whole cars is too difficult. Just trying a little motivational maipulation on ya, with a little $ carrot possibility to maybe provide an alternative to the end of all those parts. Shipping and fuel cost are doing, IMHO the most to end this hobby, Oh, and control freak yuppies who dont want that ugly stuff next to their yard! Good luck! I hope someone can step up and save that trove of parts from that dark future!

I've been trying to part these out for quite a while. They do have 15s on the century and 16s on the special.I need to leave the wheels on to roll them.I have one for sure and possibly three buick projects coming soon.I have five car capacity at my house and three are filled.

• Like 1

Perhaps someone here on the forum can put Dave Tachney in MN in touch with RiKi5156B, or get RiKi the contact info for Dave. I don't have Dave's info with me at this time. I know Dave has traveled to the west with his hauler to pick up parts cars in the past. As Greg noted, it would be a shame for all these potential good, useable parts to be lost forever.

2 hours ago, RiKi5156B said:

I've been trying to part these out for quite a while. They do have 15s on the century and 16s on the special.I need to leave the wheels on to roll them.I have one for sure and possibly three buick projects coming soon.I have five car capacity at my house and three are filled.

I definately appreciate what you are trying to do and my only hope is to support your efforts with some info I suggest might help.

In posting #3 , Washington State. Judging from the lush vegetation, Western WA. is likely. I hope these cars are of value to someone and are saved. If I was 25 years younger , I'd haul them across the mountains to my 50 acres on the dry Eastern side near Ellensburg.

Benjamin : I see you are in Kent. What kind of old stuff does Trust Salvage have of interest to old car people ?  - Carl

If a person was so inclined, there are parts on those worth $10,000+ total to fellow hobbyists.  I've parted out leftovers from a 1939 Special on eBay with great success.  I'm not in the business, nor do I have space, but to scrap these would be a shame.  There are $100 bills hanging all over these cars.  eBay would move these parts easily.

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)

I'm in Lacenter Washington 15 miles north of Portland Oregon. I'm not a scrapper or parter but these two were a package deal and I got alot of great parts out of  them for my nearly done 40 special including a fresh rebuilt 51 263 for an engineless 51 special I'm picking up in a week.

16 minutes ago, RiKi5156B said:

I'm in Lacenter Washington 15 miles north of Portland Oregon. I'm not a scrapper or parter but these two were a package deal and I got alot of great parts out of  them for my nearly done 40 special including a fresh rebuilt 51 263 for an engineless 51 special I'm picking up in a week.

Maybe contact the huge scrapping yard in Vancouver then? I know they buy cars. All American Classics LLC. 

1 hour ago, C Carl said:

In posting #3 , Washington State. Judging from the lush vegetation, Western WA. is likely. I hope these cars are of value to someone and are saved. If I was 25 years younger , I'd haul them across the mountains to my 50 acres on the dry Eastern side near Ellensburg.

Benjamin : I see you are in Kent. What kind of old stuff does Trust Salvage have of interest to old car people ?  - Carl

Some 40s, mostly 50s. Lots of GM, some mopar. I've only ever looked at the row of 55,56,57 Buicks but he has a 53 as well. Very small yard. 

Hi , Rich , well , that takes care of the logistics end of the proposition , now what can we do about those 25 years I have to shed ? I'm warning all you youngsters , just as you notice time has seemed to be flying by faster, IT JUST GETS WORSE !!! Do the things you want to do sooner , rather than later ! Good health is not a permanent condition either. Rich , between you and Mark and other Buick guys in your neighborhood , and , what's it called ? Six degrees of separation? Can't a happy home be near ? I have never seen such a large , energetic , helpful , active bunch of car guys and gals as you Buick people are. If it were a matter of square footage of storage space , you could sure keep what you want gratis at my place. About 10-12 miles N.N.W. of E'burg , last house up Reecer Creek Road , if you know the area.  - Carl