What is It? 2016/10/03 1528

Dosmo

I agree, the car looks like Moon. The badge could be McLaughlin Buick, The running board steps look like HCS...

• Like 1

I've been looking for triangular radiator badges, and there aren't too many. The Dorris is one, but I cannot find a Dorris which looks like this car. I note that the license plate is dated 1921, and this looks to be in brand new condition. One more clue, anyway...

I think you got it.  According to the Standard Catalog Jackson's (of Jackson, Michigan) last year was 1923 and their later models had angular, Moon-like, radiators.  I guess the original mystery pic is of a model 6-38 'semi-sport' touring from the 1921-23 period. The wheelbase was 121" and the engine a Continental 7R (3 1/4" x 4 1/2" - 224 cid, 55 hp @2600rpm). Comparable in size with the contemporary Buick six but about half as much again in price.  According to the article in The Standard Catalog an ex-employee was quoted as saying "they weren't very good cars".

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I don't mean to belabor the point, but just want to add to the concensus the original posted picture is definitely a 1921 Jackson as defined in nzcarnerd's post.   Dosmo's orig. shot is also about the best '21 Jackson photo that can be found....; on the web at least. 

1921 Jackson annouce.jpg

Edited by drwatson
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1