Hagerty Swap to Street Challenge 2016 - 1930 Ford Model A

charlier

For those who do not receive the AACA Speedster Emails I thought I would post the following.

Hagerty will be back at Fall Hershey this year. They are towing the remnants of a 1930 Ford Model A to the Fall Hershey and four employees will attempt to build an entire car in four days using parts from the swap meet. After the car is built they intend to drive it back to Traverse City, Michigan.

The following link will get you to the main page on Hagerty's website. From there you can find various articles and videos about this year's build, the Team, etc.

The Hagerty Swap to Street Challenge

Yes, once again this year there will be a live feed on the internet we can watch of the build from the Fall Meet Swap Field.

They will begin live streaming on the internet beginning on Tuesday October 4th.

2016 Hagerty Swap to Street Build LIVE stream from Fall Hershey Swap Field

It was very interesting and entertaining last year watching the build in person and on-line.

No doubt this year it will be more of the same.

Hope everyone enjoys it.

Charlie

• Like 1

Last year, after watching the Hagerty team have so much trouble finding a good running flathead, I suggested that they build a Model A this year. With the amount of Model A parts available, you could probably build several Model A's from swap meet finds.

It was a couple of cars behind us on Hershey Park Drive as we left. One of the passengers was tapping on the carburetor trying to get it started. We noticed the lack of a top insert (the rain drew our attention to that fact). Still, I would have loved to have been riding in the car. Zeke

On 10/11/2016 at 4:36 PM, zeke01 said:

It was a couple of cars behind us on Hershey Park Drive as we left. One of the passengers was tapping on the carburetor trying to get it started. We noticed the lack of a top insert (the rain drew our attention to that fact). Still, I would have loved to have been riding in the car. Zeke

Yep we were in the same traffic, my wife snapped this photo. They got it running before the light changed.

SwapToStreet.jpg