Handsome GS 2nd Gen

PWB

Very nice looking Riviera, but I'm partial to gray !

Don't like the way those rear resonators are hanging too low at the rear.

They should tuck up right inside the rear 1/4 panel with only the down turned exhaust outlets exposed below the bumper.

It does not have a stock mufflers, and there is no 'posi' tag on the rear differential ?

Could it be a 'tribute' GS,  hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

Yea thats a nice color combo. Listing doesn't say its a GS and maybe for good reason. Appears the fender GS badges are incorrectly placed. Maybe its the photo angle but a dime to a dollar they aren't right. The A/C pulley is wrong size for a 3.42 axle. The car sits really high. So common on cars with replacement springs. There has been a lot of work done to it so one would want to inspect in person to check workmanship quality.

Guest Estate Wagon

A fun driver, it is not a GS and the 430 is gone. It is not too often you will  find the standard interior with buckets and full console. It will be interesting to see if the reserve is met ( and what the dealer considers a "reasonable" price to sell ).

Kevin Kinney

Edited by Estate Wagon
oops (see edit history)

Sigh -- I just can't get excited about the standard interior...  Nice color combination, but I too think this is not a true GS car.  It's modified to the point where the buyer needs to be someone only concerned with getting the 2nd gen 'look', or they are thinking about taking the customization even further.

Beautiful car; that's one of the few color combos I would prefer to mine. Too bad it's a "Frankenstien" with different engine, etc. And if it were a true GS, what happened to the air cleaner, and the strap at the underside of the hood? I'd pay $6,000 or so but only if everything works incl A/C/ , etc. Wonder if the switch pitch was hooked up?

PWB I spoke with the family that was selling the Triple Black GS 67 in Los Angeles. It ended up being a legit GS, with center console, and original color was V code Riviera Charcoal. I think it also had the base interior. Very nice vehicle however. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 11.13.57 PM.png

5 hours ago, Chimera said:

PWB I spoke with the family that was selling the Triple Black GS 67 in Los Angeles. It ended up being a legit GS, with center console, and original color was V code Riviera Charcoal. I think it also had the base interior. Very nice vehicle however. 

Red - Lines! We could put a custom interior in it! Arrrrgh. Maybe in the afterlife. I'll just have to be happy with my non - GS Black Widow ;)

9 hours ago, Chimera said:

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 11.13.57 PM.png

Just out of curiosity, what did they tell you to convince you that this is a GS.  Without the "Star Wars" air cleaner, there's nothing else obvious, without getting the car on a lift,  to the naked eye that would reveal this car as a GS.

My post made it confusing because PWB is talking about a different 67 Riviera in this post. I was referring to a 67 he previously mentioned in another post which is currently painted black. It has the Air Cleaner on it and all the proper marking of an original. They both share that from factory they have the Riviera Charcoal and non-delux interior.