Hey, MR EARL, check this out

RivNut

4 minutes ago, g-g-g0 said:

Sure would look good settin' in front of that new Buick Showroom at Buick Gardens!!

that thing would look good sittin ANYWHERE. I think I will pass on this one though. Wrong color...  It was Matador Red for 54 and Cherokee Red in 55. Seminole came along in 56 if I am not mistaken.;):D I won't go into a few other incorrect things I see, don't want to kill the sell.;) Estimated at $140-160,000....I've seen some ridiculously high prices at Mecum but I will be surprised if this will go over $100K.

Jake, if I was offered either a 54 Roadmaster or a 54 Skylark, I'd first ask if there was a 53 Skylark available and if not I guess I'd just have to flip a coin.

RM.PNG

• Like 3

You have to quit thinking how good the car looks.  You have to develop the mind set of "how good this car makes me look" to someone who has no knowledge of what's factory perfect.  (I'll let you choose for whom you're trying to look good.)  Could be your wife, or Kate Upton; your choice. Remember, it has to make that other person look good too.

Ed

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

that thing would look good sittin ANYWHERE. I think I will pass on this one though. Wrong color...  It was Matador Red for 54 and Cherokee Red in 55. Seminole came along in 56 if I am not mistaken.;):D I won't go into a few other incorrect things I see, don't want to kill the sell.;) Estimated at $140-160,000....I've seen some ridiculously high prices at Mecum but I will be surprised if this will go over $100K.

Jake, if I was offered either a 54 Roadmaster or a 54 Skylark, I'd first ask if there was a 53 Skylark available and if not I guess I'd just have to flip a coin.

RM.PNG

Did I miss something? Is this a 2 for one? Where's this Skylark the copy writer keeps talking about?  Descriptions like this scare me. When someone is compelled to tell you how right, correct, or rare something is, alarm bells start going off. 

Edited by SpecialEducation (see edit history)
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpecialEducation said:

Did I miss something? Is this a 2 for one? Where's this Skylark the copy writer keeps talking about?  Descriptions like this scare me. When someone is compelled to tell you how right, correct, or rare something is, alarm bells start going off. 

You didn't miss a thing.  The copywriter missed the boat on this one.  The description and pictures are of the '54 Roadmaster convertible.  The copywriter has his head ** *** *$$.  Someone should tell Dana about this one and see what his reaction is. :)

56 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

RM.PNG

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Earl said: "if I was offered either a 54 Roadmaster or a 54 Skylark, I'd first ask if there was a 53 Skylark available"

Funny, I'd ask the same question!

Then I'd ask if I could have the estimated sale price to restore my 54-76C...

Scott

• Like 1