ID what's left of this oldie

navigator4

1 minute ago, Dave Henderson said:

The fender shown has earlier styling. 

I saw that yesterday..  

If you look at where the body was cut, they were making a doodlebug cutdown or a open "truck", so I think that might not be the original chassis because the cowl/engine is gone?

32-33 body details at windshield/roof ...but maybe an orphan brand?

59 minutes ago, Dave Henderson said:

Google '33 plymouth to see one with those moldings around the window.

1933 Plymouth is a match for the body. The chassis and fenders are not Plymouth as F&J stated.

1933PLY.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thanks for your time in looking into this, I never would have guessed the chassis/fender and the body did not go together! I agree the Plymouth looks right for the body, and the Chevy for the fender. I think those rear windows had a roll-down mechanism, too. I can run out there and take more pics, if you need some specific detail; it's not too far away. There used to be a couple other old car bodies within a mile or so of this one, but they have disappeared over the years.

Could the body go with the cowl/engine/frame in my other thread? http://forums.aaca.org/topic/280278-which-chrysler-is-it/

That would make it a 1929 Chrysler 75 (or Plymouth?). Looks pretty close: http://downtownmotorcarsales.com/chrysler/89586-1929-chrysler-model-75-sedan.html

I will get out there and see what other details I can find and photograph.

A little damp today, but went out and took some more pics, maybe enough details to make a positive-ish ID. Note the rear forming is straight across the back; the Willys' curves upward. Also the rear side window shape is different. The green '33 that  Keiser31 posted looks right, but kills my thought that this body goes to the cowl I linked above.

The body looks like it rolled on its left side, and the frame appears to have been broadsided.

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG