Looking for 1916 D-55 Information

Guest T.Foster

Guest T.Foster

Hi , everyone

Just found this group. I have a 1916 Buick D-55. In original untouched condition . My father and I decided this year to get it running again for its 100th birthday. Last time was 1990, when we took it to Hershey .Car runs and yard drives again! When we had the car there not many people knew much about it. The car is all closed in with wood and glass, even has a dome light in the back and pull down curtains for passengers in the back. Possible limo ?  Would like to find out how many where made and value?  Also has an air compressor and strange shocks on the front spring . Any and all help appreciated. Thank You

I just recently did an issue of the Buick Bugle magazine on the 1916 Buicks (June 2016). As Leif points out, a D-55 is an open car, so I am puzzled by your description of a closed car. Is there a body maker's tag on the car anywhere? Sounds like it could be a custom-bodied car??

Pete Phillips, Editor

The Buick Bugle

BCA #7338

Leonard, Tx

Guest T.Foster

We are in Prince Edward Island, Canada.We  have a private collection of 40 cars. My father and grandfather started back in the early 60's collecting . The 16  we bought in 1969 from a guy who had it for 20-25 years so only about 30 years of no history, but must have been well taken care of.. only 13040 miles on spedo before cable broke or removed as it is gone. The wood is in great shape as well.