Top Irons for '25 Touring Car

MikeC5

Of course the top bows are made of wood, so what on the Model T were referred to as "irons", DB referred to as "bow sockets" because the bows were wood rather than iron.  But did you perhaps instead mean the top rests? Those can be somewhat hard to come by, since they were optional equipment and a lot of people didn't buy them. They would instead just lower the top so it rested on the spare tire, and let the spare wear a hole in it where it rubbed!

Tell me whether you're looking for bow sockets or top rests, and I'll look up the DB part numbers for you so you can google them.  DB changed the design of the top rests a number of times, and you need the correct one or it won't work right.

Edited by 22touring (see edit history)

Thanks, I did mean the bow sockets.  Unfortunately, there seem to more cars than bow sockets due to the relative fragility of them...  I know the correct top rests are quite rare.  I have a pair that look fairly close but will need to be modified to mount properly. 

I have a pile of bow sockets, but am not near going through them to determine which ones are right for my 1918. I also have two pair of rests, but haven't looked to see if they are different. I will announce when I have my car together, as I want to clear out whatever I don't need. Willy