Commercial ads ...

bobcanuck

Is it just me (cranky old fart), or do the ads from (a particular broker) commercial resellers detract from the more or less amateur/hobbyist 

intent of these forums?  If the advertisement is from a business, then it should be in the proper category!   

My 2cts ...

I see people signup for the free advertising by their one posting fine. But if it is a non AACA member and using this site as a business resource only  a different story. But then again if they are also active contributors to non commercial topics as well then welcome.    

bobcanuck,

I am relatively sure I know what you are talking about. That particular advertiser has had quite a few posts deleted for being in the wrong forum. Those ads that are posted for a particular car in that particular forum (auch as a Model A Ford for sale in the Model A Forum) have been left, but he has been instructed that he has to place all future ads in the Commercial Ads Forum. If I missed any that are in the wrong forum, send me a PM to let me know about them and I will be happy to delete some more.

If you mean the banner ads, it is a waste of digits on me, electrons better spent elsewhere; where, I don't know. I can't remember the last thing I bought from advertising influence.

I do get a lot of entertainment from TV ads. Most recently I have been shaking my head at that poor little mousy guy in the Tru Car ads. The balding guy with jacket sleeves too long. I always picture him at the bottom of the hierarchy of a dog pack. And darn it, he's got that app on his phone and he's not getting screwed again.

Ads are fun. My kids say it doesn't take much to entertain me.

Bernie