Please I.D. this '67 interior

PWB

This gorgeous '67 (not for sale) has an interior which seems rare and odd.

The chrome molding is traded for black. Seat buttons gained. Door levers lost. Door panels seem "low budget" to me.

Glove box badge loses wood grain. Vinyl gains buttons with no fabric seating area? (As a cloth seat deluxe upgrade)

Not a GS. What code is this?

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/sold/1967-Buick-Riviera/135032

1967-Buick-Riviera_295159_low_res.jpg

1967-Buick-Riviera_295155_low_res.jpg

1967-Buick-Riviera_295152_low_res.jpg

1967-Buick-Riviera_295146_low_res.jpg

SOLD

I don't know how much. I cant get past that "lower" grade interior. Never seen it yet in another '67. Yet this one has a shift console. Strange combo.

That plum color is royal.

Yes, RivNut that's right.  I was merely pointing out that it had both base interior and manual windows.  Interesting juxtaposition: those low-end appointments, but the car has air conditioning...

Not a terribly uncommon interior. Today, Riviera enthusiasts tend to lean towards collecting cars with more options especially ones with the deluxe interior so its what is seen more often nowadays. 

I looked for an "Options not Included" on the '67 but didn't find one.  It would be interesting to see the number of cars built with standard interior compared to custom, and percentages of the various seating configurations.  The first '66 that I owned was a pretty base car. It had power windows, power bench seat, standard interior, AM radio, and tilt.  That was about it except it had a posi-traction rear end in it. ????  Back in '72, it was just another 'used car' that was my daily driver.  I didn't think of it as anything more.

Ed

Thanks for checking Mr. Ed.

In the '70's -  I thought cars with power anything were a grade above. And well desired.

That carries today. I appreciate the amenities and the privilege.  B)

It should also be noted that GENERALLY with the upgraded interior option the materials were of a higher quality, although similar in appearance, grain and color. The standard interiors seats were made of what I call trim weight vinyl, the same material used on the interior side panels. The seats in the upgraded interiors were made from "expanded" vinyl which is a thicker than trim weight vinyl bonded to a very thin foam/cloth backing. The expanded vinyl has a much heavier feel and holds a stitch and wears much better than the trim weight vinyl. Most of the replacement vinyls, although the same grain and color, are not expanded vinyls. That is one reason I appreciate an excellent original interior versus a restored example.

Tom

Looks exactly like my (67) interior. A/C, no power seats, no power windows, all stock.Bucket seats, console shifter etc. Radio has power antenna. I noticed on my build plate thet called out "tinted windows " ( I think) as well as the protective edging for the door edges.