1954 Buick Century Estate Wagon

tjohnson

2 minutes ago, lancemb said:

Very, very cool.  Complete and unmolested and a great body style.  My only beef with it is that dang green and red color combo again!

DUDE!  they had some weird color combos in the 50's... red and green probably the worst but i think the turquoise with blue interior was pretty hard on the eyes too.

I will have to admit the Christmas color combo would not have been my first choice, but I have seen much worse color combos, especially by Chrysler in the 70s. Not to sound greedy, but I do hope the price goes up considerably. The 55 century wagon that ended on ebay the other day didn't meet the reserve at $5900. They said it was rust free, but had really no closeup pictures to prove that. My car is much rarer than the 55, therefore I am confident that the car will bring good money. I have learned in the past to never underestimate the last 60 seconds of an eBay auction!!

• Like 2

a good friend of mine continues to be high bidder on this and would like to see him own it.

These engines can sit for years without freezing up if the breather remains on the carb. Curious as to what procedure did you use in trying to move the engine. How long has it been "stuck". Is there water in the radiator/engine. Is the hoods front brace rusted through at the bottom? What condition are the front seat side panels (skirts)

I love the EZEye glass with the Baffin Green and while incorrectly restored red and white interiors do generally come close to making me throw up, I think with this green exterior it could work. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Mr. Earl,

All I have done to the car is pour Marvel Mystery Oil down the cylinders and hoped that it would free up. I did that a week ago last Sunday and can still not turn it by hand or get it to roll over with the starter. I know that is not doing much, but I would rather sell the car stuck and let someone who has a better idea then myself rather then myself free it up then me breaking something being stupid.  The man I bought the car inherited the car from his brother and he said that he left for the Navy in 65 and he was driving the car then and came back in 70 and it had been parked. He also said that he had bought another car while he was gone was driving it and was not sure why he parked the Buick. This was common practice with this family because I have bought three other cars from him that either he, his brother, or his parents just parked out in there pasture when they were done driving them. I am sure whatever antifreeze was in the car has long since evaporated. The underneath side of the hood latch look real solid and the passenger side seat skirt looks nice but the drivers side seat latch has broke through. I took a few pics take a look and I will be happy to answer any questions you or anyone else has on the car. Thanks

DSCN2213.JPG

DSCN2210.JPG

DSCN2211.JPG

DSCN2212.JPG

I think the $1750 selling price for that car is very fair. I considered it, but with all due respect, the car needs virtually EVERYTHING: Glass, body work, rust repair, upholstery, tires, paint, rechroming, unknown engine work, etc., etc. I think you did very well to get what you did for it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

I think the $1750 selling price for that car is very fair. I considered it, but with all due respect, the car needs virtually EVERYTHING: Glass, body work, rust repair, upholstery, tires, paint, rechroming, unknown engine work, etc., etc. I think you did very well to get what you did for it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

Concur. Win win

My friend who has 4 (or is it 5) already, knew when to bow out. Hopefully we will see it on the '54 Buick Highway

16 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

You just need your own parts yard like Mr Earl and I.

not so loud Matt, we can't stand no more competition!!!

and if you're like me, don't you just hate it when while looking over your junk yard folks ask "where are your good cars"....and you twist your head to look at them and say, "you're lookin at em"

• Like 1