door sills

grain-man

Raymond Kuehn-Door Sills
81 Graham Avenue
North Haledon, NJ 07508 
Phone: (973) 423-1196

This is the "go to" company for door sills for the more the unusual cars. They keep an inventory as well as make limited production or one-off examples. I haven't had the need to use them in awhile but I assume they are still in business. They used to have a booth at Hershey as well.

If you have a more common car, such as a Ford, etc, you can find those door sills with your regular parts vendors.
  • Like 1

Raymond Kuehn-Door Sills
81 Graham Avenue

North Haledon, NJ 07508 

Phone: (973) 423-1196

This is the "go to" company for door sills for the more the unusual cars. They keep an inventory as well as make limited production or one-off examples. I haven't had the need to use them in awhile but I assume they are still in business. They used to have a booth at Hershey as well.

If you have a more common car, such as a Ford, etc, you can find those door sills with your regular parts vendors.

Actually, your contact now is Donald P. Kuehn. The address and phone number are correct. He has made several sets for me, and I spoke with him several times by phone last week. Excellent work at reasonable prices.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

• 3 years later...

I just talked to them, yes, still in business (and I realize this thread is 3 years old), lead time is 8-10 months from what they told me for custom work.

I think old car people should have been given 200 year life spans to deal with these lead times.....!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, trimacar said:

I think old car people should have been given 200 year life spans to deal with these lead times.....!

My tractor dealer has a sign hanging over the parts counter:

"Your poor planning isn't my emergency"   😉.....................Bob

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, trimacar said:

lead time is 8-10 months from what they told me for custom work.

Just tell him you are a reality TV car show. When they order on Wednesday they get their re-chromed parts, reupholstered interior, and rebuilt engine all back by Friday afternoon, just in time to get a fat check from their happy customer Monday AM as he drives the finished car away.

If he doesn't believe you are a TV show scream at your employees while you're on the phone with him. Some bleeped out F-Bombs help along with the sound of tools being thrown against the wall. He'll know then you're the real deal.

Isn't that the way it works?.........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Just to update and thank the guys for the lead. Just got a pair of front door sills for a 31 Franklin Series 153 Convertible Coupe. Perfect fit and perfectly detailed. Only took a little over a month since I sent them an outline pattern to check fit. They had most of the detail pattern already. 973-423-1196.

Paul

DSCN1602.JPG

DSCN1606.JPG

8 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

WoW! Those are spectacular. And it seems like the turnaround was quick. 

Likely because they already had made some for another model of the same make. I just had to make an outline pattern for them to check what they had would fit the body style I am working on. Did not want to risk sending the originals because there are only about 20 known to exist. And I guess their previous ones are the same because the pattern I sent them did not have the counter sunk holes, yet they hit the hole locations exactly. 

Paul

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)
  • Like 1