What are my options?

erichill

I would check with Leo or Jack at the Ring & Pinion Shop in Mt. Clemens, MI.

http://www.ringandpinionmi.com/

Tel: (586) 792-2560

They just finished the re-build of my Buick rear end; great guys to work with.

If that gear is available, they should be able to track one down.

I have had a company called rempco in Cadilac MI for ring and pinion work on my 1910 Overland and 1914 Buick. I have had them made me drive shafts, axles and retrofitted modern bearing into a trans and differential. Quality work and pretty fast turn around. I also used a placed in Kansas city called Gear headquarters. I included a link to rempco bur could not find a link to gear headquarters. Good Luck. 

http://rempco.com/

• Like 1

1919 Chandler 12 tooth republic pinion gear. Two busted teeth. Could not care less about noise, just want a drivable car that will never go more than 20 miles from home.

attachicon.gifIMG_0416.JPG

If you need the gear made, I can make it for you in my tool and die shop, up to you, will take 4-6 weeks. Up to you, I don't have a business, I restore my own cars, but if it gets you on the road, I'll gladly help and it won't be near that expensive. PM me and I'll help.

I have a friend who was a welder on a tunneling "mole" that bored a waste water tunnel under Rochester, NY. His job was to work the night shift and build up the worn cutting teeth on the mole. I would probably take that gear to him and we'd repair it by building it up with weld. I would probably anneal it and its mate to make it a little more forgiving in the future.

Moles are kind of big but I think the welding would apply.

11351.jpg

Bernie

• Like 1