Thank you Hershey Region

stevep516

WOW........................all I can is what a week!  Worn out and exhausted,we've settled in for the night and I wanted to say how appreciative I am for the great job that everyone did putting on a spectacular event.

The weather was great and the the crowds were huge!     Kudos to the Hershey region and everyone involved. Many thanks for all the hard work and hospitality.

Regards,

Steve P

• Like 1

Wow, we were vendors in the Green Field from Tuesday morning until Saturday afternoon . Certainly we missed the typical crowd of Western European visitors, which hurt our sales, but we still managed to sell enough vintage tin to make the effort worthwhile. Hershey changes each year, but it endures. The Region folks were never more cheerful and friendly and we cannot thank them enough. See you in 2016!

now that you mentioned it,  there were less people speaking in non-English tongues this year.   Sad,  I miss all the foreigner visiting our country.  Time march on, and Europe had a tougher downturn than the USA. 

I dunno- I sold a lot of things overseas this year and heard a lot languages.  I know NZ, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Switzerland and of course Canada were in attendance.  I talked to a lot of Spanish speaking folks but not sure of what countries.  If anything I thought the Israelis and Eastern Europeans were less present than other years.  Canadians were complaining about the exchange rate but they were good buyers, same for the Australians I talked/sold to also.

Overall about an average Hershey demographically IMHO but seemed there was more disposable money this year than last.  Sales were mostly steady except Wed Chocolate field crowd was lighter and sales reflected that.  I never got to the car corral but that is always an interesting place to watch the crowd and what sells to where.

we got home a couple of hours ago and spent the better part of our 8-hour drive home talking about how GREAT the show was!  The weather was 99% PERFECT.... the crowds were great... the cars and trucks on the fields were outstanding!!!

THANK YOU to the Hershey Region for a SPECTACULAR SHOW!!!!!

THANK YOU to the 4 gentlemen on team 387 for a great Judging Experience!  You guys were fantastic and willing and able to answer not only my questions and inquiries, but helped each other out immensely!  This was just a fantastic team and I hope to work with you all again :)

P1050450_zpshnfcm1lr.jpg

I also had the privilege of speaking to so many wonderful AACA members about our "used cars"!!  We share some great stories - even the one about the "Car that belongs in the WalMart parking lot"!!!  Thank you so much for stopping by and chatting - I had so much fun!!!!

I also would like to say thanks to the many Hershey members for putting on the event. I think the Saturday show visitors was very high in my 36 area. I know how many cars were registered but wondered if there was a way to count spectators. And the spectators along the show field route was numerous. Anyone have a photo of my car entered. It is in the avatar photo

Robert

SIncere thanks to the Hershey Region members, the police and staff who were directing traffic etc. It is an amazing event.

I was happy with what I sold and found. I thought there were more vendors selling stuff and less spaces with parked cars - at least in the Red and Chocolate Fields,

It was great to meet friends from England and Germany again , they were all very happy with what they found there. It was nice to meet people at the assorted car club tents

as well, especially the CCCA tent on thursday morning.

To many people on bicycles this year, at least for the first two days. For the first time I saw several people walking around in period clothing , and that was pretty neat.

Hershey is a one of a kind event, ad the spirit of the whole affair gives one a great feeling with memories to carry one through the winter that is ahead.

Guest Mark McAlpine

Kudos to the Hershey Region for another great Meet!  The planning, organization, and effort to set up and pull off this meet is amazing.  And the friendliness, positive attitude, and willingness to help of the Hershey Region members and the AACA HQ staff is second to none.  Our thanks to everyone involved for the wonderful experience.

Guest Mark McAlpine

My thanks to my teammates on my Hershey judging team--Bill, Christa, Gary, and Rick.  Each was conscientious, objective, reasonable, and a pleasure to work with.  Combine that with getting to judge some beautiful cars and nice weather, and it made for an enjoyable day.

post-144933-0-62178900-1445127255_thumb.

Edited by Mark McAlpine (see edit history)

great meet as always-my only complaint was scooter registration-15 minutes late opening wednesday-maybe 50 to 75 people waiting in line to registor & get inspected--one person could only do so much,but he hung in there-why can't this be done when we pay for our spots ?    thanks