1941 Buick Series 90---Where were they built?

Pomeroy41144

My brother owns a 1941 Buick Series 90 6P Sedan.  

Where were the 1941 Series 90 cars built? 

I was under the impression that they were manufactured at Flint, Michigan, and also at Southgate, California and Linden, New Jersey. 

My brother says they were built only at Flint.  Who is right? 

1941 Buick Limited domestic production -

Model 90: 885

Model 90L: 605

Model 91: 1,223

Model 91F: 293

I think that the 1941 Buick Series 90 cars were only made in Flint.

Also, a bit off the subject, I believe that the 1941 Buick convertibles were also only made in Flint.

I have data on 19 1939-1942 series 90 cars, all were built at Flint.  For convertibles, the bodies were generally built at Flint, but a few years like 1946-1948, were built at Linden.  However, convertible bodies were often shipped to other plants for final assembly.

• 6 months later...
Guest buickguyflint

I was told that all buick convertible bodies were built by Fisher Flint and shipped to other plants

for assembly. Remember Buick in Flint was transporting bodies from Fisher 1 in south Flint to

the Buick plant on Hamilton on the north side of Flint for many years. I was told this in regard to my

1940 41C as it was a decision that those bodies were of a low production and by maintaining control

quality of production could be kept high. Jim

On 9/25/2015 at 8:59 AM, ILIKECARS53 said:

Hi All,  To confirm some of sean1997's comment.........   I have a 1942 90  8 passenger sedan  built in Flint.

That is a rare car.  I had a friend in Buena Park, CA who passed away in 1989 who had a 1941 and a 1942 Series 90.  His 1942 Series 90 needed a full restoration.  I hope it happened.  I owned two 1941 Limited's, and I've never owned a finer car.  The two tone gray one I sold in 1981 is the one I'd like to have back.  We made it an AACA Senior car and it was a dream to drive.  It steered easier than any of my many Special's I've owned over the years, and much easier than the one Century or two Roadmasters I've owned.  They didn't lie when they advertised these cars to be "The Parlor Car that Flies".

• Like 2

On 4/21/2016 at 3:50 PM, Buick3746c said:

On a slightly different note, I have a friend with an original 1937 80 series 4 dr convertible and when he recently went to restore the interior door panels, there was a Fleetwood build sheet inside.

Jack, I see you have a 1940 Series 91.  I have a friend looking at an original 1940 Series 90 for me today.  If it passes his inspection, I'll look at it on May 14

On 4/20/2016 at 11:04 PM, buickguyflint said:

I was told that all buick convertible bodies were built by Fisher Flint and shipped to other plants

for assembly. Remember Buick in Flint was transporting bodies from Fisher 1 in south Flint to

the Buick plant on Hamilton on the north side of Flint for many years. I was told this in regard to my

1940 41C as it was a decision that those bodies were of a low production and by maintaining control

quality of production could be kept high. Jim

My 1939 Series 41-C was built in Flint; my Series 41 was built in Linden