Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (PART 2)…

knee-action

In part 1 of this series, we discussed a radically customized 1936 Chevrolet coupe. To be perfectly honest, I didn’t like the car at first. But the generally positive nature of your posts gradually won me over. Now I find it to be an attractive car indeed.

This would seem to beg the question: “Is there any such thing as an ugly car?” Perhaps not. Perhaps not. What is really needed here an open mind. Let’s go ahead then and examine another motoring masterpiece, another example of “rolling sculpture”. I look forward to a lively discussion. Check it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-NO-/261869906808?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3cf8a9ab78&item=261869906808

My feeling about this one is that the idea was pretty cool ( especially for its intended use as an advertising tool), but that the execution/craftsmanship was poor. Or maybe the body panels fit better when it was built and time has simply taken its toll.........

Have to side with Rusty on this one. When I first saw it I said to myself, "That thing is U G L E E!" Then I realized it was a commercial vehicle built for a specific purpose. I envisioned beer sales, not milk? And it is from a dairy in my hometown?

I would be amazed if it sells?

To quote from the ebay ad: "YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANOTHER ONE LIKE THIS AGAIN!"

Well, there's a reason for that, although in the "before" photo provided by Jon 37 it looks pretty cool.

I agree with Rusty on this one, since vehicles customized/built for promotional purposes had to be eye catching, and "UGLY" can be as eye catching as anything else.

Ran when parked,

Grog

I wrote this thing in total jest, but now realize that the joke is on me. You guys have made the excellent point that, in the case of a vehicle used as a sales tool, eye-catching trumps beauty. Very good. Discussions like this make the AACA Forum the great venue that it is.

Guest Skyking

It's too bad the bottle truck wasn't well preserved, it looked good in its day. Someone did a lot of work.