Help

TM: I'm not trying to be a troublemaker, but just imagine how hard it would be to use this site for searches if every poster headed their topic with "Help"! Please use more descriptive title (like " '32 Dodge stuck in Reverse") and I am sure you will receive assistance and appreciation from other members. Thank you.

Could be a lot of things, some minor and some major. I'd start with minor things to see if you can popped it into neutral.

There's several different things you can try.

Lube and inspect the linkage. Make sure all connections and fittings are where they are supposed to be.

Could also be something minor such as a synchro issue.

Another option would be to try pushing in the clutch and have a couple guys push you forward, right when it starts to roll forward try popping it out of reverse and into neutral, NOTE: this is only meant to try in small movements so you don't damage the gears.

You can try other things but that's a good place to start.

I don't know if it is the same problem

I had that same thing happen with the 27' after it sat a while

i jacked the back wheels off the ground , put car on jack stands

push clutch in and started car in gear

with it turning rear wheels with clutch still push in , I applied brakes and it free up the clutch and I was able to shift in nuetral

after that , I would always put a pole to keep clutch disengaged when sitting there

Be careful

It must have a load on the drive train. Just rock it back and forth with a little pressure on the gear lever. If too hard, jack up one rear wheel and rotate it back and forth with pressure on the gear lever. All you need to do is release the pressure on the gears and perhaps turn them slightly. The clutch will be stuck too so ideas above may help. Make sure the car can't roll away when you jack it up. Is the hand brake stuck on too?

BTW, only curious people will look at a thread entitled "Help". They are more likely to look if you say what the problem is. I agree with Gunsmoke.

Another thought. How did it get into reverse and is it actually in reverse? Was it backed into its location and left in gear? Could someone have been playing with it and left it in gear, or even jammed it?

The rocking idea I suggested above relies on the small backlash between the gears to release the load between them and allow a shift.

Thanks everybody for your advice, just got back to the computer, the car is located in Athens tx and hopefully next weekend I can try some of the suggestions given here. Realize I didn't word my issue correctly, I am new to the site, but do appreciate the replies and we keep everybody updated.