A Mess of Model "A"'s - 9 in all

vermontboy

Guest AlCapone

I only live about 150 miles away and I was interested until I found out the asking price is $340,000.00 dollars, U.S. Funds.

Wayne

Seems like another example of unrealistic valuation talk by a now deceased owner, leaving the family with false expectations. Sad, but it happens all the time. DOES YOUR FAMILY KNOW THE REAL VALUES OF YOURS? Have you left realistic instructions? Keep in mind they can't get what you could because they don't know thw cars like you do/should.

Incredible Barn Find (Niagara Region)

For Sale is the entire inventory of 9 Model A Fords and one Buick, many spare parts, and 2 roaring 20's Mannequins.

Well they are a "barn find" so that must be another $75,000 !! :rolleyes: (but how did they lose a big barn?? :confused: ) Maybe they think the right hand drive South African Phaeton is worth megabucks?? (its not) And then there is the value of the Buick and 2 roaring 20's Mannequins.

Wish I had a barn that looked that nice inside.

Crazy price as mentioned, and values of Model A's are pretty easy to check, there are so many for sale at one time they're basically a commodity, choose what color and options you want and find it easily (or fairly easily, the '31 cabriolet search on the forum excluded!).

Barn find must be the most overused term in the hobby today, and I for one am sick of it. A car that's been sitting in a heated garage for 10 years is not a barn find by any stretch of the imagination.

Guest AlCapone

I agree David. A barn find in my opinion was a vehicle(s) that had been left and unintentionally forgotten about but the emphasis is on the word forgotten. Not forgotten about until the market improved or the family decided to sell. A modern day marketing terminology that no longer has true meaning ! Wayne

The other thing no one has mentioned here is the Buick. I don't ever recall a top treatment like that on a 1939 Buick. I think someone filled in the rear quarter window and painted the upper parts of the doors the lighter color to make it look more snazzy. While not authentic, it sure looks nice.

Also - look at the reflection in the side of the Buick. There's another car at that location that's not a part of the listing. Something with a long wheelbase.

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

I only live about 150 miles away and I was interested until I found out the asking price is $340,000.00 dollars, U.S. Funds.

Wayne

[TABLE=width: 382]

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>[TR]

[TD=align: right]100,000-

[/TD]

[TD]Barn find premium

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]180,000 -

[/TD]

[TD]9 off Fords $ 20,000[/TD]