Incident

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

On the way to the cruise this a piece of scrap metal blew/flew off a scrap truck and came in the interior and damaged the right corner. You can see substantial damage to the side headliner insert and there is fairly substantial damage to the door panel. The pictures do not show well but both will need to be replaced for show. There is a piece of clear tape over the worst area to make it look better at the cruise

post-30591-143142585066_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142585092_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

Thanks, no, there is no cooperation from the hauler. I hesitate turning it it to my carrier since it was last year I was in the wreck in the Reatta.

So Glad that you personally are OK.......

Our son was on I-465 around Indy, driving approx. 65 MPH, all of a sudden CRASH, something hit the windshield right in front of his face, CRASHED through, hit the top of the steering wheel, bounced UP and into the headliner just above his head. I landed in the back seat.

It was a 1/4" X 3" X 14" piece of spring steel, off of the leaf springs.

Not a scratch on him, needless to say the trucker never knew, and drove on.

Wishing you well on your repairs, but sooooooo happy YOU too weren't hurt.

Dale in Indy

Thanks, no, there is no cooperation from the hauler. I hesitate turning it it to my carrier since it was last year I was in the wreck in the Reatta.

Keith, This would have ZERO impact on your personal insurance. I do trust you have your antique/classics covered by a guaranteed value policy, right? If you don't, you need to meet up with my son Drew who will be at the Arthritis Show in Dublin working the Hagerty tent in a couple of weeks. While he cannot personally write your coverage (we are not licensed personally in PA), he can and will advise you as to the proper coverages you need to protect your cars. He is hooked up extremely well with the folks at Hagerty and will personally make sure your cars are covered properly.