1958 BUICK CABALLERO - not mine

dei

Driving home from work in an area that I'm not normally in, come around the corner and....... just had to stop.

post-36036-143142529003_thumb.jpg

I found out it is a fresh restoration and other than the wire wheels and the colour of the upholstery, the rest is restored to original needing the door panels and a few minor things to complete.

Wish it were mine but that 100,000 dollar cost (if I had it) would go a long way to finish my current collection.

It was a nice way to end my day. :)

post-36036-143142528989_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143142528994_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143142528998_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald
I think it will be there for a long time

...and that's a good thing, so Doug can enjoy the car anytime he cares to drive by.

Hey all,

Just to clarify, the restoration cost was what was hinted at having been spent and it is not going to be for sale or staying around here for me to drool over too much longer.

The owner already has a vast private collection of cars which I found out also includes a 1958 Buick Special convertible but is about two hours away from me so I was glad to happen upon it. He holds a charity car event and hope to participate this year. If that happens will post some shots which will include the totally finished Caballero at it's new home.