Marmon for sale on ebay

sambarn

post-59076-143142428311_thumb.jpg

Here she is in the state recovered. Only had time to unload and get back to work so More pics will come later. It was actually part of a two car deal one complete, one in pieces. The second car is also a Robbins Bodied Victoria coupe, but an E-75. It is the car in the Automoobile Quarterly fall '68 (I think) Marmon issue. It is on the page after our E-75 speedster pic. It was purchased from the Harrah collection, the engine was taken for a Locke Bodied four passenger Speedster that lives in N. California. Several following owners disassembled and bought parts to make it a GIANT stack of pieces. It took eight hours to load all the parts (there were five of us working). Having the pair is pretty amazing but there's a long way to go to put car #2 together.

I know where a 1928 Marmon Model 68 4-door sedan is for sale in Haines City, Florida. It is an 8 cylinder car and the price includes an entire same model parts car. Car is gray with black fenders and is sidemounted with a trunk on the back. I've tried to load two picture on here but just can't. If you want to write to forever39buicks@aol.com l will try to load pictures onto a regular email.

Sam, glad you ended up with the Marmons. Couldn't be in a better place! Now I know why you didn't have time to stop and visit when you were in the area picking them up. Knew there was a lot of "stuff" there but didn't realize how much.

Terry

Holy Cow Terry, there's three car worth of ALL mechanical bits as well as a complete chassis w/tranny that I'll have to pick up later. By the way, have you seen this in the cut down coupe/speedster in the drive?

post-59076-143142428318_thumb.jpgA factory Stutz High Compression engine for factory approved racing. And so many other things. We were treated so well and really enjoyed the time. I look forward to getting back in that area with more free time!!

Wow, between this thread and the Marmon in the buy/sell forum, and I believe another in this month's HMN, a Marmon buyer has some choices. It is interesting how a few different examples pop up at once on a relatively rare marque.

Nice find, Sambarn! Did you get a Stutz powered speedster as well? Lucky you...

Oh I wish but no.... The car I got was sold to allow garage space for the Speedster. The body is a fairlly well done replica from a coupe but that engine... I've never seen one of those. Really Cool! As far as the other Marmons for sale the Model 34 would be a great car. I wonder if it's sold?? The Model 68 in this thread I was pointed at and made a call. Really great guy with great car stories. I probably spent half an hour on the phone with him (Thank you Earl!!) but he wants 30K for a model 68 (small/flathead cousin of the Roosevelt and under 1000 bucks new) sedan and 22 for the parts car that he swears has a factory installed(??) Pontiac motor with a two piece head (??). I'm not sure the market for the 68s/Roosevelts supports that kind of price and I sure couldn't afford that.

The Hemmings ad is a lovely car with ALL the right stuff but again, I'm not sure the market would support the asking price. I'd expect that car around 25. If it selld someone tell me - I'll need to call Hagerty about my Model Ls and up the coverage.

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Apparently someone contacted the seller to get a "BUY IT NOW" price to end the auction early and he relisted it at $31,000 at 3:21 pm (Pacific time) yesterday and it sold at 3:22 pm.

Fred

[TABLE=width: 100%]

<tbody>[TR=class: tabHeadDesign]

[TH=class: headerPadding, width: 25%]User ID[/TH]

[TH=class: tabHeadDesignFont headerPadding, width: 25%, align: left]s.gifBid Amount[/TH]

[TH=class: tabHeadDesignFont headerPadding, width: 25%]Bid Time[/TH]

[TH=class: newTabHeadBorder emptyCellPadding, align: left]s.gif[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #ffffff]

[TD=class: emptyCellPadding, width: 2]s.gifs.gif[/TD]

[TD=class: onheadNav]o***1s.gif( 441iconTealStar_25x25.gif)[/TD]

[TD=class: contentValueFont, align: left]bin_15x54.gif US $31,000.00[/TD]

[TD=class: contentValueFont, align: left]Mar-17-14 15:22:25 PDT

[/TD]

[TD=class: emptyCellPadding]s.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: emptyCellPadding, width: 1]s.gif[/TD]

[TD=class: newcontentValueFont]Starting Price[/TD]

[TD=class: contentValueFont, align: left] US $200.00[/TD]

[TD=class: contentValueFont]Mar-17-14 15:21:42 PDT

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone,

I have a 1927 Marmon. I'm looking for a Carburetor. Does anyone knows where I can find one? I'm also looking to sell, if anyone is interested. My email is mielescarlos11@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Carlos Mieles

You need to id the type of car that you have as the E75 and the model L used different carbs. If you are interested in selling, list in the buy sell section.