Here's the car Buick needs in the US

CarNucopia

Guest my3buicks

If it was done with a high end luxury interior, had a lot of quiet tuning - I could go along with that. Buick basically did that with the new Encore, became the first luxury mini ute, why not have a mini luxury coupe, I think there would actually be a market for it. I see the little Encores everywhere around here.

I had a Fiat 500 as a rental and drove it on a trip to NYC, it was amazing how roomy it was, it had actually very respectable performance and handling, on the interstate and around the city. Something like it with high end finishes would be fantastic.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

Every car company pulled that in the 80s, just because a car is a small car doesn't mean it can't be a good car. Comparing the cars up today and the cars of the 80s is like comparing apples and oranges. They need to come up with something edgy, something current, something young. I came up with Buick Entourage.

I agree with the author that this should not be a Buick. It may be a car that fills a niche and is desirable in certain environments. But I agree with the commenter who said Buick buyers won't buy it cause it is not a Buick, and others won't buy it cause it is. I believe the market for an upscale, pint sized, car is a very small market. Almost diagonally opposed. If you want a pint sized car for economy, do you really care about upscale ( expensive) appointments?

Guest my3buicks

The Encore is selling very well showing that people do indeed want a pint sized vehicle with luxury. Not everyone buys a tiny car just because they are inexpensive. Have you priced Mini Coopers lately? For that matter, gave you seen the price if a loaded Encore? I have driven Encores and would not describe the ride as harsh by any means, small vehicles have a different ride characteristic and if you are not used to it or are coming from a larger vehicle then it does take getting used to. I think a pint sized luxury car us in the future, why not lead the pack in instead of coming to the dance late.

Guest culus

We had a small ( sports ) car in production for four years. As the owner of a 90 coupe that I drive year around and 90 convertible I drive weather permitting.

Bring it back !!

Guest my3buicks

Culus, to many diehard Buick fans the Reatta is considered a bastard child and probably on the same footing as the little car that started this thread. Lol

I just glanced over at the signatures and had a flashback to Latin class outside school. Culus would be a wonderful name.

Here is the Buick I bought when I was 17 and the basis for my perception of a Buick:

post-46237-143142418567_thumb.jpg

Bought it in May of 1966. That picture is from a time home on leave.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

I don't see why the Chinese (or us Americans for that matter) can't just sell the damn thing with an Opel badge in Buick showrooms. It's hardly the first time that's happened.

Nostalgia, an untarnished name, European panache, uniqueness, catchy, youthful appeal,... It would sell like hotcakes.

It won't happen.:(

Perfect car for Smartin. I always wanted a car named Jake or Bryan. But a Jake is juvenile turkey and Bryan gets mixed up with Brain, which isn't all bad.

Seriously, I too rented a Fiat 500 for a day trip and my daughter sqwauked for at least half a day.