Chris Wolfe RIP

Guest wildcat62

I am both saddened and shocked to hear this news. I first met Chris in 1994 at the ROA meet in Golden CO and have been friends ever since. We were looking forward to seeing each other in Colorado Springs this June. He will be missed in person but the legacy he developed many years ago when Rivieras were not so fashionable will remain for years to come within our community. May God rest his soul in peace.

"Hey Ed, this is Chris in Denver. How are you tonight?" Words I'll miss.

Chris and I had many long and interesting conversations about Rivieras and many other topics of interest that we shared. I can't remember when I first met Chris but it seems as if I've known him forever. Many good times. He'll be missed. I'm sure that many stories will be shared in Chris' memory when we all get to Colorado.

Ed

Guest roa6085
So sorry to hear this. Will miss Chris

I am in total shock!!!

Chris has been my dear friend since 2001 at Lake Geneva WI.

in 2009 he took over my 1964 Riviera it couldn't have been in better hands.

I will definitely miss the random calls to see how 'the folks in Bob and Doug McKenzie land are doing"

Cheers Chris, we will meet again at the big meet in the sky :(

Chris Knowles

Wow...second untimely death I have received news of today. How sad....I`m shocked.

It took quite a few years for me to get to know Chris considering we were both members of the ROA for many years before meeting. About 10 years ago I unearthed a low mileage `66 Jaguar S-Type from a 30 year slumber. Chris helped me with carb kits, etc as he was employed at the time at foreign auto parts supplier. He spent quite a few hours with me on the phone, his knowledge of British cars was as comprehensive as his knowledge of Buicks/Rivieras. I think he was more excited for me than I was about the car!

I vividly remember spending half the night in the parking lot of several ROA meets sharing observations and preferences. His knowledge was VERY thorough. He was very kind and courteous, especially toward my son Dylan, who assisted him after a stumble at the Lake Geneva (?) meet, and remembered it for years. RIP Chris

Tom Mooney

After posting the above another thought popped up regarding Chris. Often, as an ROA member, one will hear a phrase that goes something like "You come to the first meet for the cars, but come back for the people". I may be mistaken and dont want to step on anybody`s toes, but I suspect Chris was the author of this frequently repeated statement of pride in the club...at least he was the first person I heard it from, and he is the person I think of everytime I hear it.

Tom

Guest Montana Kid
Longtime ROA member, author of the book Buick Riviera 1963-1973:All series including custom and gran sport, auto enthusiast, witty character and friend...passed on January 10th, 2014.

http://monarchsociety.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2382314&fh_id=14405

I'll miss you.

Thanks Kris, got the news form Your dad last night. I'm going to miss him.

"Hey Ed, this is Chris in Denver. How are you tonight?" Words I'll miss.

Ed

Like you Ed, when Chris would call me, his first words were "Hey Brother, how are you tonight?" We called each other "Brothers" I will truly miss him. I've known Chris since the early 80's when he was doing research for his book and he asked me to send him pictures of my 71GS which was in the book. Chris also told me about an new Riviera car club called the Riviera Owners Association and I should call a guy named Ray Knott. The ROA was only two years old at the time and Ray asked me to join and become the 71-73 Technical Advisor. Ed you must have joined right after as my ROA # is 277 and yours is #279.

In 2001 Chris flew to Akron to cover the Glenmoor Gathering, he ended up judging one of the classes. Something he truly enjoyed and still talked about it. He also autographed his book for me.

Brother, someday we will be together again at that big Riviera meet.

Robert Bonto#277 ROA

Technical Advisor 71-73

Former Board President.

Very sorry to hear of Chris's passing. I lived in Denver in the early 80's and was introduced to Chris by Ray Knott. I had a 68 Riviera that I was in the process of refreshing and Chris was as interested in the success of the project as I was. He took countless photos of that car and many were published in his book Riviera 1963 - 1973. Regardless of how busy he was, he would always take my call and spend as much time as needed to answer my many questions. He was a true friend and will be missed!