1956 Special in So. Cal. - not in the yard.......yet

Guest sci-flyer

Guest sci-flyer

Hello all!

I posted this on the V8 Buick website also.

There is a 1956 Buick Special 4 door in the yard, but not available for public consumption......yet.

Let me know what you want and how much you're willing to pay shipped to you. I will be going back to the yard this Sunday, 10/20/13.

I will try to accommodate all requests. The best way is to PM or send me an email through ebay under the same name. Give me a contact number so I can call you from the yard, send some pics, and work out a deal. I've done this here before with good success and not looking for top dollar.

Thanks, John

Here is a link to some camera phone pics:

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/sci-flyer/library/1956%20Buick

2013-10-17_11-55-02_270.jpg

2013-10-18_11-04-48_457.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bump

Going back today

This car has some interesting options on it (having looked at the cell phone pictures. That is a stock AC system from the factory, plus the optional front/rear speaker (and oddly, the clock delete???) The complete AC system is probably worth more than the car, but overall might be a really good restoration candidate.

Budd

Edited by Budd (see edit history)

The owner of the yard probably knew they would make far more money selling the rear bumper, headlight rims, and hubcaps than selling the whole car.

I have a 55 year old yard that I stop in regularly, just to hang out for a bit. Ever time I go there I offer $1,000 for all the loose hub caps and wheel covers. He is still holding out and in the 10 years I have been offering I bet he has sold 4 wheel covers. Maybe he just likes the company.

Bernie

This car has some interesting options on it (having looked at the cell phone pictures. That is a stock AC system from the factory, plus the optional front/rear speaker (and oddly, the clock delete???) The complete AC system is probably worth more than the car, but overall might be a really good restoration candidate.

Budd

I noticed that as well it seems like they checked off the list.

a/c - $500, yes

power steering - $100, yes

power brakes - $100, yes

rear speaker - $25,yes

clock - $10, no thanks.

Please forgive the inaccuracies of the prices I don't have my 1956 options sheet in front of me.

I am really pretty bumfuzzled by all this!!! sci-fi comes on here offering a very desirable car or parts of a car, I am unsure just what he is offering. Then he mentions emailing him through ebay?? (Is he trying to post a reference to an eBay ad?) But yet he does not answer a couple of yall's questions here, instead says he is "going back today" which was a week ago and not a word sense. And Jon, what list are you speaking of that they checked things off of? While I appreciate his bringing this highly optioned car to us for consideration, I really don't appreciate his registering solely for the purpose of advertising this car and THEN not even having the courtesy to check back in and reply. If any of you have communicated with him via PM and can help me sort this out please PM me and let me know wt* is going on.

Thank you, your bumfuzzled and flustered moderator, MrE

Mr earl:

I was referring to a price list of all the options available on 1956 buicks. Ive seen one before i think maybe you posted it.

As to sci-flyer he does respond to pms rather quickly and does give a phone number for direct contact no ebay mentioned.

Though ill admit it does seem rather odd way of conducting "bidness"

Guest sci-flyer

Here I am again by popular demand.

The car is available for parts and may be available in it's entirety, but that is uncertain at this time due to title questions.

In regards to ebay, I said that you can contact me at ebay with the same user name.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Someone save this car! I'm super jealous of that front bumper and factory air!!

Hello,

I would like to buy parts for my -56 Buick I am restoring in Sweden. Need trim/molding on left side of car, front bumper, all door windows and all door inside panels and a lot more parts. What about shipping to Sweden, is it possible for you to do?

Best regards

Michael