Early 90's

Guest gotitright

They're a little car. Not nearly as old as the first generation cars so there's not the need for restoration / parts questions. Lots of them are still to be had in very good condition with low mileage. They have the bullet proof 3800 Buick V6 which was standard in so many of GM's models from that era, parts are still readily available. This past summer at the Riviera Owners Assoc. meet held in Lexington, KY, there were enough of that model registered so that they had a class of their own. Many of these cars are still on the original drive train with over 200K on the clock.

And, as Dave said in the previous post, any problems that do arise can be answered by the guys over on the Reatta forum. Just because there's no discussion on them doesn't mean they're not popular and something to be recognized.

Ed

Here's a picture of my wife's.

post-50017-143142223153_thumb.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Every year at the ROA Nationals there seems to be a few more 86-93 (7th generation) Riviera's on display. I believe there were at least 10 of them at this year's Lexington, KY meet, and based on pic's there were quite a few at the 2011 Branson, MO meet. I was fortunate to have my 92 win first place in it's class at this year's meet. Believe it or not the 1989 slant-back baby Riv will be 25 years old come 2014.

I personally believe true Rivieras were only made between 1963 to 1965.

While I may take some heat, I have to agree with the above statement. However I would also throw in the 66-67's, and an honorable mention for the 71-72's.

They're a little car. Not nearly as old as the first generation cars so there's not the need for restoration / parts questions. Lots of them are still to be had in very good condition with low mileage. They have the bullet proof 3800 Buick V6 which was standard in so many of GM's models from that era, parts are still readily available. This past summer at the Riviera Owners Assoc. meet held in Lexington, KY, there were enough of that model registered so that they had a class of their own. Many of these cars are still on the original drive train with over 200K on the clock.

And, as Dave said in the previous post, any problems that do arise can be answered by the guys over on the Reatta forum. Just because there's no discussion on them doesn't mean they're not popular and something to be recognized.

Ed

Here's a picture of my wife's.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217368[/ATTACH]

I agree with Ed, they are out there and a very reliable car! I like "SEVERAL" of the generations, goal is to have one of each, I don't just limit myself to one!

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)

Does anybody pay attention/care about the 90 to 93? Just curious.

There are plenty of us who have a wide variety of cars and years of Riviera. Those of us also don't usually POO POO on something that isn't a generation of their choice. I enjoy the challenge and differences of all mine.

Every year at the ROA Nationals there seems to be a few more 86-93 (7th generation) Riviera's on display. I believe there were at least 10 of them at this year's Lexington, KY meet, and based on pic's there were quite a few at the 2011 Branson, MO meet. I was fortunate to have my 92 win first place in it's class at this year's meet. Believe it or not the 1989 slant-back baby Riv will be 25 years old come 2014.

You are correct Dave, there were 10 at this years meet, I am pretty certain that is the largest turn-out to date. I think it was six to eight at most at the meets over the last "few" years. Yes, not as many as other generations but a good turn-out to be sure!