Looking for Outer Front Wheel Bearings For 1937 Pontiac # 909001, or # B-01

Guest bofusmosby

Guest bofusmosby

I've got the inners, but still need the outers (with their races). If you happen to have these laying around and would like to sell them, PM me your asking price, or post it here. Thank you for looking!

Don't have any "laying around" but about 2 years ago I sourced a pair of these locally(Australia) for a guy in England. If all else fails I could probably do the same for you. Cost then for an outer with race was $66.00 plus shipping but that was only to an Aussie address, going to the US would be fairly costly.

Guest bofusmosby

Ozstatman, thank you for the info, but I agree, they would be quite high coming from the other side of the pond. I should be able to find some locally (USA or Ebay) if given enough time.

auburnseeker, thank you for the link. If you look at the bearing photos, you will see what appears to be the bearing cage made out of plastic, just like the Chinese ones that Napa is selling for $27.99 each. There is no way I would want to use any bearing that are made (even partly) out of plastic. Thank you for your efforts. I appreciate both of you with your feed-back, and assistance.

Gary, I know that Kanter sells them for I believe either $0 or $45 for the outers. I may have to go that route. However, I also believe that theirs are also Chinese made.

Ozstatman, thank you for the info, but I agree, they would be quite high coming from the other side of the pond. I should be able to find some locally (USA or Ebay) if given enough time.

auburnseeker, thank you for the link. If you look at the bearing photos, you will see what appears to be the bearing cage made out of plastic, just like the Chinese ones that Napa is selling for $27.99 each. There is no way I would want to use any bearing that are made (even partly) out of plastic. Thank you for your efforts. I appreciate both of you with your feed-back, and assistance.

Gary, I know that Kanter sells them for I believe either $0 or $45 for the outers. I may have to go that route. However, I also believe that theirs are also Chinese made.

Have you tried George At Olcar Bearing Co.?

910-693-3324

Howard Dennis

Try your local Kaman Industrial or Motion Industries - these bearings proabably fit a number of vehicles but also industrial machinery. I'm sure one of thes places can help!

Guest bofusmosby

Thanks to our fellow member Wirewheel, I'll be getting the bearings I need! It was a pleasure speaking to him on the phone, and again, this site has members of the highest caliber! Thank you!