Hershey photo ID

Barry Wolk

Trying to place this picture in time. It's been determined that it has a Maryland dealer plate that was used in 1976-79. In '76 it would have had no sticker in the window and a blue sticker for '77.

The picture was labeled "Hershery '74" but that doesn't seem right to those that have attended Hershey as this field wasn't added until after '74. Some have tried to date it by the motor home in the background. Something about a "Chocolate" field. Sadly, I've never been there.

4513025955_1dbe1e619f_b.jpg

Edited by Barry Wolk (see edit history)

The background in the last photo makes me think this is the White field, and the slope you see in the back heads up to the school....this would have been the back road on the White field, furthest from the main paved road....I know this doesn't help identify car nor owner/driver, just a comment from the peanut gallery...

The background in the last photo makes me think this is the White field, and the slope you see in the back heads up to the school....this would have been the back road on the White field, furthest from the main paved road....I know this doesn't help identify car nor owner/driver, just a comment from the peanut gallery...

I agree, the second photo could have been taken in the old White Field. But the first one is too sloped to be the White Field. The photos could have been taken in two different areas. I keep wondering if the metal stand in the first photo is a light stand or a stand with speakers on it. That might be a clue as to where it was taken.

There is also a sign on a tall wooden stake with the letter Y on it.

Was the car there to be sold possibly? Could T12 have been it's car corral number? Would the Library and Research Center have info. for the years you think it might have been?

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

I didn't start going till 1977 or so but I don't remember there being a "Car Corrall" per se back then. I remember antique airplanes used to fly in to the white field which was still an airport so I don't think the second picture was there. I thought it was just the Blue field and the Red field,which is the present outlet malls and fast food.

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)

Old Blue Field is my guess. We had spaces almost at the top of that slope. Quite rocky as I remember. If it was '74 that car is too new to be shown for sale. Back then they enforced the 25 year rule. In about 1974 we were forced to remove a sign from our camper advertiaing a '64 Jag for parts.

Guest Model T Nick

The second picture was taken first. The tree's in the back ground were in the North East corner of the blue field. The first picture was looking at the raise in Blue field

Guest Stonefish

Agree...totally Blue Field. The car is located on the main "drive" up the middle of the old Blue Field. The car is driving West...towards the Stadium. Model T Nick is correct on the trees being in the North East Corner of the Blue Field (at one time Hershey Nursery was on that side of the street (where Turkey Hill is now) before moving across the street (where Wendy's is now).

Those were the great days of Hershey! If that photo of the back of the car was taken just a few rows closer to the Stadium my flea market spot would be in sight. Having a spot on the Main Street was a lot of fun, you got to see everything roll by. Lots of dust on a dry day, but boy was it a lot of fun! Bob

Hard to believe that Continental was once "too new" for Hershey! I assume it still exists somewhere.

That's my Mark II. It had a cloth top bow cover and now has fiberglass covers.

Do those records still exist? The historian on the Mark II web site has pieced this together as being 1976. The car was likely for sale as the owner at the time was going through some financial issues and probably came down from Maryland to sell it. What we don't know is if the people are the buyers or the sellers. Would they be heading away from, or going to the sales field. That would likely tell me if it were buyer or seller.